Data Warehouse Engineer, Core at Reddit
"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Reddit is poised to rapidly innovate and grow like no other time in its history. This is a unique opportunity to leave your mark on one of the most influential and trafficked corners of the internet.
As a data warehouse engineer, you will build scalable tools on top of Reddit's petabyte-scale warehouse to support all data customers of Reddit. You will partner with data scientists, machine learning engineers, and product teams to learn their data needs to solve business problems at a massive scale. You will not only shape product decisions but also the future of Reddit.
- Build and scale data warehouse systems that support complex analysis across our data science, ML, infrastructure, product, and experimentation teams.
- Consistently evolve data model & data schema based on business and engineering requirements.
- Own data quality for crucial systems at Reddit, and serve as a primary resource for data expertise.
- Define and manage SLA for data sets that support production services.
- 2+ years experience in the data warehouse space.
- 2+ years experience working with large scale ETL systems (implementation and maintenance).
- 2+ years of experience building clean, maintainable, and well-tested code.
- Fluent in Python and SQL
- Bonus points for background in data science, analytics, or data mining
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with stakeholders at all levels of the company.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].