Data Strategy & Business Analytics Advisor at West Monroe (Dallas, TX)
Are you ready to make an impact?
West Monroe is looking for a Strategy & Business Analytics Architect/Advisor to join our Transaction Services–Data Engineering & Analytics Practice and deliver on technology M&A due diligence projects. The data scientist/AI Advisor will partner with other Transaction Services advisors/architects (Cloud, Cyber, Software Engineering, Infrastructure) and executive client stakeholders to provide assessment solutions and tech advisory across a variety of industries, including Private Equity, High-Tech & Software, Healthcare, and Financial Services. As a technology agnostic firm, they will also have the chance to continuously expand their skillset while working with cutting edge tools, platforms, and frameworks. This is an exciting opportunity to work within our newly formalized (but long existing) technology M&A offering and lead strategic enterprise projects, advanced analytics due diligences, post-merger integrations, and carve-out advisory engagements.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams, Transaction Services’ consultants from other competencies (i.e., Software Engineering, Cloud & Infrastructure, Cybersecurity) in support of holistic, tech due diligence assessments for client M&A activity and identify growth and remediation opportunities through analysis of existing data and analytics systems, business processes and data monetization opportunities.
- Assess underlying technology/libraries/tooling landscape within enterprise organizations to make recommendations to strategic investors on improving market readiness, achieving long-term scalability, and/or reducing operational cost
- Formulate strategic investment summaries, key risk mitigation analyses, and long-term technology-based strategy for both pre-close and post-close projects
- Establish the linkage between business strategy and data strategy (and vice versa) to deliver impactful outcomes
- Executive presence with the ability to present, interpret, and recommend results of work including the development of new concepts, major advances in the field, new major applications, and progress on all product programs.
- Be a thought leader, create white papers and represent the organization at various industry conferences and events
- Provide leadership and mentoring to data engineers/architects/BI analysts and practitioners
- Be the visible face of the data engineering team to internal partners, external customers and prospects, and the data architect community at large
- Be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the data platform engineering (ingestion through insights), data strategy, data modeling initiatives across the department’s big data projects.
- Keep pulse of the latest development trends in cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure), data platforms, databases (Snowflake, RMDBs, SQL, NoSQL, Oracle, etc.), reporting (PowerBI, Tableau, etc.), ETL/ELT, data warehousing, data hubs, data lakes, data marts etc. and various tools, products, and use cases.
- Expertise in data warehousing approaches (Kimball, Inmon), normalized and de-normalized data models including dimensional schemas (star, snowflake)
- Strong understanding of streaming (e.g. Kafka, Kinesis) and batch (e.g. Airflow, AWS Glue) data transport technologies
- Experience with Data Visualization tools including PowerBI, Tableau, Looker, etc
- Drive new business with existing clients by identifying unique opportunities and liaising to appropriate client leads, account managers, or business developers
- Master’s/Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent relevant work experience
- 4-7+ years of hands-on professional development experience in data modeling and data design and must have hands on experience implementing solutions
- Consulting firm/industry or start-up experience preferred
- Experience with the technical programming to access and extract data from diverse sources residing on multiple platforms and implement large, sophisticated data models by combining, synthesizing, and structuring data
- Experience performing complex data migration to and from disparate data systems/platforms as well as to/from the cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Good knowledge of standard concepts, best practices, and procedures within a data warehousing and Business Intelligence (BI) environment
- Provide Points of View (POV) and recommendations for cloud-native, industry-leading products along with emerging, start-up offerings
- including proposal development, estimation, and day-to-day project management (time tracking, budgeting, status reporting, etc.)
- Strong sense of urgency with comfortability delivering solutions in fast-paced, dynamic environments
- Excellent critical thinking, leadership, communication, and project management skills
- A commitment to inclusion and diversity, and openness to new ideas and perspectives
Based on pay transparency guidelines, the salary range for this role can vary based on your proximity to one of our West Monroe offices (see table below). Information on our competitive total rewards package, including our bonus structure and benefits is here. Individual salaries are determined by evaluating a variety of factors including geography, experience, skills, education, and internal equity.
Employees (and their families) are covered by medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees are able to enroll in our company’s 401k plan, purchase shares from our employee stock ownership program and be eligible to receive annual bonuses. Employees will also receive unlimited flexible time off and ten paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Ten weeks of paid parental leave will also be available for use after successful completion of one year of employment.
West Monroe is a digital services firm that partners with companies in transformative industries to deliver quantifiable financial value. We believe that digital is a mindset and it’s something companies become, not something they do. We bring together diverse, multidisciplinary teams that use their expertise to develop and execute new ideas and ways of working.
At West Monroe, we invest in our people and care in a big way. We are growing the next generation of leaders who lead with inclusion, enabling us to address our clients’ most complex challenges. If you’re looking for a place where you’ll feel supported, our team will help you grow. We believe that growth breeds opportunity for all. And know that when we come together, we can do what's never been done.
Our fast-paced culture and collaborative teams bring the energy and expertise needed to make an impact and deliver beyond expectations. If you are ready to set big goals with us, join us on our journey of building what matters for our clients, our people, and our communities.
West Monroe is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.westmonroe.com/inclusion.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read West Monroe’s Notice at Collection for California residents, provided pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and linked here.