By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Team
Data Sourcing & Strategy has been created as a new team within Opendoor as we put significantly more emphasis on acquiring new data, enriching the data we have, and democratizing data for usage throughout Opendoor while ensuring data governance.
As a senior member of the Data Sourcing & Strategy team, you will be responsible for ensuring that Opendoor is using all internal and external data at its disposal to solve a broad range of business problems, including but not limited to improving our predictive models and automating or improving the efficiency of manual processes. In this role, you will work with a range of partners across the business including Engineering, Research & Development, Legal, and Operations, reporting to the Director of Data Sourcing & Strategy.
- Liaise with senior technology and business areas to drive data requirements and prioritization decisions.
- Source and acquire data with consideration of data protection, compliance, contract management, financial and business requirements.
- Work extensively with technology teams to deliver requisite data from internal and external sources.
- Ensure data quality of the end products and adherence to all relevant policies and procedures.
- Work with key stakeholders to establish and improve processes to support the scale-up of data operations.
- Establish strong working relationships with team members across business units, particularly the investment divisions to support Initiatives
- 7+ years of data strategy, data sourcing, data analytics, or data acquisition experience.
- Demonstrable experience working on technical projects and with technical teams, such as I.T, Engineering, Quantitative Research or Data-Science.
- Motivation / self-starter with a sense of ownership, willingness to learn, high degree of curiosity, and desire to succeed
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently
- An ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to determine business partner needs and create purpose-built solutions
Bonus points if
- Experience scaling up data acquisition & onboarding pipelines at a high-growth tech company, investment fund, or data vendor.
- Experience working with Data Engineering teams to implement data quality controls.
- Experience with legal contracting for data licensing.
- Experience with SQL, Python, R, or other programming languages.
More About Us
To learn how we are reinventing the Real Estate industry check out our website, to hear about our culture directly from team members visit The Muse and to discover what we are building for our customers read our blog posts.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks
• Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 85% coverage for dependents
• Flexible vacation policy
• Generous parental leave
• Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness
Read Full Job Description