Data Services Engineer at Denodo (Boise, ID)
Denodo is a high growth, market leading enterprise software company backed by HGGC. We are recognized as a leader by Gartner and Forrester, and uniquely positioned to address the data fragmentation problems that exist in many enterprises.
We thrive in dynamic environments, and at the risk of sounding cliché, we work hard, and we play hard. People at Denodo are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly interacting and working together to empower people around the world, build community and connect in meaningful ways.
Denodo's success is founded on being innovative and creative, on delivering the best solutions with the highest levels of customer satisfaction and on having a unique piece of technology. A company can only be as forward-thinking as its people, which explains why we have become the leading developer of Data Virtualization, Data Services and Cloud Data Integration technologies and solutions for the enterprise.
At Denodo, we are like a family and it is of the utmost importance to us that we help support your professional growth every step of the way.Job Description
Denodo is always looking for technical, passionate people to join our Services Engineering team. We want a professional who will consult, develop, train and troubleshoot to enhance our clients’ journey around Data Virtualization.
Your mission: to help customers achieve and maintain success through accelerated adoption and productive use of Denodo solutions.
In this role, you will successfully employ a combination of high technical expertise and client management skills to conduct troubleshooting and issue resolution, provide technical guidance and advice through remote or on-site consulting engagements, deliver timely and complete solutions to customer issues, and being a critical point of contact for getting things done among Denodo, partner and client teams. Our client’s rely on data in their daily operations. You will be called upon to creatively assist our customers in ensuring they are successful in their data processing endeavors utilizing our products.
Duties & Responsibilities
As a Data Services Engineer you will successfully employ a combination of high technical expertise, research and investigative know-how, trouble shooting and problem solving techniques, and communication skills between clients and internal Denodo teams to achieve your mission.
- Obtain and maintain strong knowledge of the Denodo Platform, be able to deliver a superb technical discussion, including overview of our key and advanced features and benefits, services offerings, differentiation, and competitive positioning.
- Constantly learn new things and maintain an overview of modern technologies.
- Provide technical consulting, training and support.
- Diagnose and resolve clients inquiries related to operating Denodo software products in their environment.
- Participate in problem escalation and call prevention activities to help clients and other technical specialists increase their efficiency when using Denodo products.
- Be able to address a majority of technical questions concerning customization, integration, enterprise architecture and general feature / functionality of our product.
- Provide timely, prioritized and complete customer-based feedback to Product Management, Sales, Support and/or Development regarding client’s business cases, requirements and issues.
- Train and engage clients in the product architecture, configuration, and use of the Denodo Platform.
- Promote knowledge and best practices while managing deliverables and timelines.
- Capable of building and/or leading the development of custom deployments based on and even beyond client’s requirements.
- Manage client expectations, establish credibility at all levels within the client and build problem-solving partnerships with the client, partners and colleagues.
- ·Develop white papers, presentations, training materials or documentation on related topics and contribute to knowledge management activities.
- Participate in on-call support of Denodo products.
- Be willing to travel as necessary to address or service customer needs.
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science.
- Solid understanding of SQL and good grasp of relational and analytical database management theory and practice.
- Good knowledge of JDBC, XML and Web Services APIs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to be able to interact with technical and business counterparts.
- Active listener.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Lots of curiosity. You never stop learning new things.
- Creativity. We love to be surprised with innovative solutions.
- Willingness to travel on occasion.
- Be a team worker with positive attitude.
- Experience working with GIT or other version control systems.
- Experience working with Big Data and/or noSQL environments like Hadoop, mongoDB, others.
- Knowledge and experience with systems and services hosted in the main cloud vendors (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Experience working with caching approaches and technologies such as JCS.
- Experience in Windows & Linux (and UNIX) operating systems in server environments.
- Business software implementation and integration projects (e.g. ETL/Data Warehouse architectures, CEP, BPM).
- Integration with packaged applications (e.g. relational databases, SAP, Siebel, Oracle Financials, Business Intelligence tools, …).
- Industry experience in supporting mission critical software components.
- Experience in attending customer meetings and writing technical documentation.
- Experience in Java software development, especially in the web and database fields.
- Foreign language skills are a plus.
Denodo is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Denodo will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities in accordance with applicable law.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters or suppliers that have not signed a formal fee agreement. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and we will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.