ABOUT THE TEAM
At Stitch Fix, our data science team combines machine learning with expert human judgment to generate innovative recommendations and insights that transform the way our clients discover what they love. We believe in a curiosity-driven data science culture where members are empowered to deliver impact through end-to-end model development. The diversity of the problems that we work on and the data-rich environment of our business make it possible, even essential, to bring the tools of multiple disciplines to bear on our hardest problems. As a $2B+ company, our growing business is looking for data scientists to join us in the revolutionization of retail.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a full-stack data scientist role where you will get to work closely with stakeholders to identify impactful problems and build algorithmic solutions. Cross-functional collaboration is deeply meaningful to us and is how we’ve built up immense trust with our partners in Strategy, Product, Merchandising, Styling, Marketing, Engineering, Finance and Operations. You'll have the opportunity to bring your ideas to life by building on a foundation of strong business support, clear vision, engaged internal users, and bright, kind teammates.
Multiple teams are looking for full-stack data scientists. Here are some examples of teams you may have the opportunity to join:
- Inventory Balancing Machine: This team is responsible for understanding and dynamically adjusting the state of product, purchase orders and inventory across all sales channels. Our products integrate with exception-managed user applications for expert business users in merchandising and operations to direct distribution and disposition decisions that rebalance our supply chain.
- Assortment Scenarios: We are focused on providing the best recommendations on how the company should assort - answering questions like, what styles should Stitch Fix carry and in what quantities? We build capabilities that leverage predictive modeling, optimization, and data visualization. We inform the company’s assorting strategy through experimentation, analyses, and partnership with our Merchandising and Product teams.
YOU’RE EXCITED ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY BECAUSE YOU WILL…
- Have access to a wealth of unique data and best-in-class algorithms, providing a solid foundation to build on
- Own full life-cycle model creation and deployment
- Be a data steward, ensuring that our raw inputs, intermediate results, and finished data products are accessible and useful in perpetuity
- Holistically understand ambiguous business problems and frame appropriate work streams
- Act as a thought leader for the team – identify, research, advise, and implement approaches to new and old problems
- Be empowered to take initiative and follow your innate curiosity
WE’RE EXCITED ABOUT YOU BECAUSE YOU…
- Have strong cross-functional communication skills that will simplify and move forward complex problems.
- Have applied data science experience, e.g. not just fitting a model but being held accountable for creating business value
- Have an expertise in Math, Operations Research, Physics, Statistics, Biostatistics, Economics, Finance, Computer Science, or other quantitative field
- Have strong software engineering and design skills and can work within a shared code base
- Have experience applying data analysis, machine learning, or statistical modeling to real world applications
- Like a good challenge and are driven to make a tangible business impact
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING AT STITCH FIX...
- We are a group of people who are bright, kind and motivated by challenges. You can be your authentic self here, and are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
- We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining retail for the next generation
- We are a technologically and data-driven business
- We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Transforming the way people find what they love”
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative
- We are challenged, developed and have meaningful impact
- We take what we do seriously. We don’t take ourselves seriously
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
- We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
ABOUT STITCH FIX
At Stitch Fix, we’re about personal styling for everybody and we believe in both a service and a workplace where you can be your best, most authentic self. We’re the first fashion retailer to combine technology and data science with the human instinct of a Stylist to deliver a deeply personalized shopping experience. This novel juxtaposition attracts a highly diverse group of talented people who are both thinkers and doers. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our customers and a successful, growing business serving millions of men, women, and kids. We believe we are only scratching the surface on our opportunity, and we’re looking for incredible people like you to help us carry on that trend.