At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
The Data Science Team at Edmunds.com is seeking a Data Scientist who will play a crucial role in designing and implementing data-driven product initiatives. These initiatives will involve in-depth studies of Edmunds’ users and clients, as well as the automotive marketplace, to directly improve revenue-producing products and processes at Edmunds and inspire new product development. They will also involve maintenance and enhancements to ML pipelines that support existing product features. Each project will involve sound statistical models, carefully planned and executed experiments, creative uses of Edmunds’ vast data resources, thoughtful analysis and beautiful visualization of results.
We are looking for a person that is smart, creative, ambitious and able to work and communicate well with a variety of people from varying technical backgrounds. We especially want someone who is excited about engaging in data-driven research and using this research to strategically optimize Edmunds’ product offerings for our customers and clients. Edmunds is very much about helping its people grow—meaningfully, effectively and prosperously. We care about what we do and we care about our people. A demonstrated passion for research and analytics will provide incredible growth opportunities and will make this the best job you’ve ever had.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with Data Scientists and Product Managers to design and implement in-depth studies of Edmunds’ users and clients
- Build statistical, machine learning, or optimization models to improve the Edmunds portfolio
- Write production modeling code; Perform enhancements and maintenance on existing ML pipelines
- Build tools to enable and facilitate online experimentation by product owners
- Prepare visualizations of data in order to explain and persuade
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field preferred AND
- An advanced degree + 1-2 years’ work experience in an analytics-related position OR
- 3-4 years’ work experience in a data science-related position
- Deep understanding of data platforms in which you’ve previously worked
- Strong Python skills; Knowledge of software engineering principles like testing and packaging a plus
- Experience building models, engineering features, and using data intelligently optimize product performance
- Experience performing analysis on raw event data in data processing systems like Spark, and proficiency in SQL
- Experience with online experimentation approaches like Bayesian optimization, bandit optimization, or reinforcement learning is a plus.
Flexible time off
13 Paid Holidays
Comprehensive Health Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
Flexible Spending Accounts (Employees) and Health Savings Accounts (Employee and Employer Contributions)
401K Plan with Company Matching at 50%, up to 6% of employee eligible contribution and vesting after 1 year
Up to 4 months Paid Parental Leave
HeartCash matches employee donations to the causes that are important to them
2 Days of Paid Time Off for time to dedicate to social impact causes
FitCash covers a portion of gym or fitness activity fees
Well being sessions and events such as yoga, meditation and walking challenges
On-going career development sessions and an annual learning event
Plus a coffee bar, frozen yogurt and more!
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, Built in LA and Inc. Magazine. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.