Data Scientist at Bankers Healthcare Group (Miami, FL)
| Miami, FL
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:44 p.m. (CST) on Saturday, June 25, 2022
Are you ready to join a growing team that puts a premium on productivity and has an award-winning culture, centered around transforming talented employees into effective business leaders?
Then BHG Financial is the place for you. We offer innovative financial solutions to licensed and highly-skilled professionals, representing the best of both traditional lending and fintech, and are looking for passionate, impact players to help take our company to the next level.
At BHG, you’ll become immersed in the finance industry—with a variety of loan solutions, credit cards, patient financing, bank programs, and collections services, which have helped BHG become one of the leading providers of finance solutions.
With over 20 years in business, we have the stability of an established company with the speed and agility of a startup, where ingenuity and risk-taking are encouraged, and every employee has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
Who You Are
You are a motivated recent graduate who is passionate about driving results and has a creative approach to solving problems. The candidate will be responsible for providing support to the organization with data-driven insights using advanced statistical and modeling techniques. This is a unique opportunity where the data scientist will transform technical insights into actions that affect key aspects of the business.
What You'll Do
- The Data Scientist will partner with stakeholders throughout the organization as you seize opportunities to leverage company data to drive business solutions
- The Data Scientist will evaluate proprietary and vendor data sources for opportunities to create new features and enhance statistical models
- Create tools and processes to standardize and centralize standard functions in an analytic toolkit for the benefit of the larger analytics ecosystem, including packages, functions, and feature stores
- Contribute to quantifiable improvements in business decision-making with modeling solutions and strategy recommendations
- Deliver analytic insights and recommendations in compelling presentations
- Create model documentation and own model maintenance
- Design routines for automated model reporting
- Continuously improve a proactive, business-focused framework for testing new data sources to expand or enhance BHG’s decision-making and management activities
What You'll Need
- Master’s/PhD degree in Statistics, Math, Data Science, Operations Research, Engineering, or related quantitative fields
- Knowledge of statistical modeling and analysis in R and/or Python
- Knowledge of writing SQL queries, and the ability to work with large datasets
- Ability to drive the action of modeling & analytics projects with guidance
- Strong communication skills: written, verbal, presentation, and storytelling with data
- R Shiny programming ability is a plus
Life at BHG
At BHG, we work hard and aren’t afraid to take risks. Since the beginning, our core values of PMA (positive mental attitude), team player and loyalty have been the driving force behind every interaction we have between each other and our customers. We have a healthy respect for the daily grind, yet we value work/life balance. We believe that all employees should have the opportunity to lead and that good ideas can come from anyone. From the top-down, our leaders are actively involved not only in strategic oversight and running the business, but also in the wellbeing and growth of all employees. We consider people our #1 asset, and help employees realize their full potential, set and exceed their goals, and explore new opportunities for personal and professional development.
Why You Should Join BHG
We strive to offer amenities, opportunities, events, and programming that support the interests of our teams, while furthering the culture that makes us Great Place to Work® certified. Some of the benefits you can expect when you join BHG include:
· 100% coverage of monthly health insurance premiums
· Competitive PTO and vacation policies
· Company 401(k) plan with employer contributions after one year
· On-site gym access and memberships, with personal trainers, and certified nutritionists on staff
· Company-sponsored training and certification opportunities
· Monthly award ceremonies where top achievers are celebrated and receive additional bonuses
· Ongoing volunteer opportunities to give back to the community through our BHG Cares program
If you’re ready for a career where you can exercise your passions, be surrounded by co-workers who are relentlessly committed to service, and have a team-player mindset, apply today!
** All Remote employees at BHG Financial are required to work within the United States of America.
BHG Financial is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. BHG Financial is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
More Information on Bankers Healthcare Group
Bankers Healthcare Group operates in the Fintech industry. The company is located in Davie, FL, Syracuse, NY and Syracuse, NY. Bankers Healthcare Group was founded in 2001. It has 983 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Health insurance, Life insurance and Mental health benefits. To see all 9 open jobs at Bankers Healthcare Group, click here.
Read Full Job Description