You are skilled in data science, knowledgeable in machine learning (ML), and interested in building intelligent space systems to modernize satellites' operations. In this role, you should be highly analytical with a knack for analysis, math, and statistics. We want to see a passion for machine learning and research. Your goal will be to help our company analyze trends to enable our customers to optimize their satellite operations. You must be comfortable taking ideas from theory into deployment. As a data scientist you will also:
- Break down and understand complex business problems, define a solution and implement it using advanced quantitative methods.
- Collect data and develop metrics to track business and customer objectives.
- Explore and visualize aerospace simulation data to support ML feature engineering.
- Building tools to automate data collection and analysis.
- Support and manage data pipelines for continuous ML training.
- Collaborate with aerospace domain experts, and software developers to understand customer needs.
- US Citizenship required.
- 2+ years of professional experience as a Data Scientist, Machine Learning Engineer, Applied Scientist, or similar role.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s degree, or Ph.D. in a relevant field: Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computational Physics, Computer Science, Engineering, etc.
- Comprehensive knowledge of numerical methods, probability, and statistics.
- Proficiency with Python and data science libraries such as Numpy, and Pandas.
- Familiarity with a machine learning framework, such as TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, or similar.
- Basic knowledge of software development principles and architecture.
- Proficiency in Jupyter Notebook or similar for development, testing, and communicating results.
- Proficiency with Linux development environment.
- Ability to communicate complex data in a simple, actionable way
- Ability to work in a team and work collaboratively on complex tasks.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills.
One of the most interesting aspects of working at a startup company is gaining equity in the company, which means our success is your success. In addition to equity in the form of options, we also offer:
- Unlimited Time-Off policy, company holidays, and company retreat
- Cost-effective health care, dental, and vision with company contributions.
- 401K plan
- Life insurance
- Short term and long-term disability
- Office Amenities (if working in Houston)
This position is based in Houston TX. The work location is flexible if approved by the Company.