At Pluralsight, you will be part of an established team of collaborative data scientists supporting our Skills product platform. You will work closely with multiple teams to identify and implement improvements to our Skills platform powered by data science. This role is a good fit for hands-on data scientists who enjoy experimenting with new ideas and working with cloud computing technologies. That's you, right?
Who you're committed to being:
- Critical problem solver who understands how data science can solve business problems
- Interpreter who finds trends and patterns in disparate data
- Independent creator of models, analyses, and visualizations
- Communicator able to translate technical details into business insights
- Partner to internal stakeholders who share high-value business objectives
What you'll own:
- Applying data science to content search and discovery challenges
- Cross-functional project collaboration on data science deliverables
- Development and implementation of analyses and predictive models
- Continuous testing and improvement of deployed solutions
- Explanation of algorithms to business partners, eliminating "black box" distrust
- Presentation of results to business partners and company leaders
Experience you'll need:
- Applying statistics and data science theories and techniques
- Working with popular data science languages and tools (Python, R, Jupyter Notebooks, scikit-learn, pandas, tensorflow, pytorch)
- Using SQL and relational databases as well as big data platforms (Snowflake, Kafka)
- Producing effective and interactive data visualizations (Tableau, Shiny, Dash)
- Preferred but not required: Familiarity with cloud computing (AWS), Airflow, NLP, and recommender systems
Working at Pluralsight
Founded in 2004 and trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology skills platform organizations and individuals in 150+ countries count on to innovate faster and create progress for the world.
At Pluralsight, we believe everyone should have the opportunity to create progress through technology. That everyone should have access to the skills of tomorrow. That technology can make the world a better place. Through the work we do every day, we empower the people who power our world.
And we don't let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. Our mission to democratize technology skills is what drives us and our values are at the helm of how we work together. It's our commitment to practicing them day in, day out that enables our performance. We're adults, and we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics and trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, and peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds and experiences, and united by our mission, we are one.
Be yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.