Data Scientist, Product at Earnin (Remote)
Earnin is a community-supported financial platform with a suite of tools that let people take control of their financial future. Earnin started out by solving one of the greatest – and least discussed – inequities in the American financial system: the practice of employers paying workers bi-weekly. Earnin's core product, Cash Out, allows people to access the pay they've already earned. There are no loans or hidden costs. People pay what they choose. Other products include: Balance Shield, which helps prevent overdrafts, a financial calendar that helps people budget and schedule payments, and Tip Yourself - a revolutionary free social savings app.
Funding: Series C, current funding partners include Andreessen Horowitz, DST, Matrix Partners, Ribbit Capital, Felicis Ventures and March Capital.
Join us and help build a new financial system focused on fairness and people’s needs.
You can help make a difference!
This is a high impact role with a lot of excitement. You will have the opportunity to turn information into insights through analytics, data science, experimentation and help the company achieve tremendous growth.
This is a remote position.
What You'll Do:
- Work closely with product and engineering team to define key metrics and answer important questions
- Conduct analysis and opportunity sizing to find opportunities of improvement and turn hypothesis into actionable and well-designed experiments(A/B Testing)
- Identify KPIs and develop dashboards to monitor the metrics and show where we are now, whether we have achieved our goals and why
- Communicate results and influence stakeholders, be the trusted thought partner for the product and engineering team
What We're Looking For:
- You have strong interpersonal skills and are able to work cross-functionally in the team environments
- You have 2+ years experience in product analytics
- You are an expert with SQL and experienced with Python or R
- Ability to think creatively and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, often ambiguous work environment
- Strategic thinker who can tie the micro and macro view together
- Experience with Periscope, Databricks, Amplitude and/or Optimizely are a plus
- Experience creating and tuning ML models is a plus