Data Scientist (New in Career) (Remote or Bellevue) at OfferUp
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our small, agile Data Science team. The right candidate will have a passion for diving deep into complex data sources to help drive actionable recommendations. We seek to delight our users with the safest, simplest, and most effective local marketplace app on the planet. If you want to gain experience at a rapidly growing start-up, and create real, impactful work, then we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- Learn from experienced Senior Data Scientists to develop, implement, test and deploy machine learning models.
- Use Python and SQL to analyze large amounts of data.
- Help the team make progress on key deliverables by being part of project plans, features and solving problems.
- Play a part to identify, analyze, mitigate project risks, and remove blockers.
(All OfferUp employees are required to receive full Covid-19 vaccinations, per CDC guidelines. OfferUp will review accommodation requests due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief.)
What we’re looking for:
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams.
- Desire to learn and grow with an experienced team.
- Demonstrated knowledge in Machine Learning algorithms
- Experience with modeling in Python, and data manipulation in SQL.
- Early in career, 1 – 2 years of professional data science experience
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Exceptional self-management skills during the execution of complex problems and tasks
- You desire a fast-moving, continuous flow development environment
Helpful if you have had:
- Exposure to predictive modeling and analyses to solve real business problems
- Knowledge of data structures, and algorithm development
What you’ll learn:
- Development of data science models end to end.
- Experience using deployment tools and cloud computing platforms such as Git, AWS, and Docker.
- Professional experience working with multidisciplinary teams, conveying data science results to business stakeholders as well as technical experts.
OfferUp is dedicated to changing the way people buy and sell in their communities. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., the company offers iOS and Android apps that make selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from your mobile device. Founded in April 2011, OfferUp is reinventing local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust. In 2020, OfferUp combined with letgo to reach more than 20M monthly users.
More About OfferUp At a Glance
- #2 U.S. shopping app in Q1 of ‘21, Top 5 in App Store and Google Play Store for three years.
- 100M+ Downloads, 20M+ monthly users
- 56M People used OfferUp last year (1 in 4 people over the age of 14)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2,000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities by creating safe in-person locations for OfferUp transactions.
- Billions of dollars worth of transactions are facilitated via the OfferUp marketplace every month
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally, and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.