Next Insurance is a fast-growing startup based in Silicon Valley that is led by a team of experienced entrepreneurs with a history of successful outcomes. Our mission is to transform insurance for small businesses by combining world-class technology and phenomenal customer service to offer better insurance at a lower price. As the leading digital insurtech company transforming small business insurance, we just announced a $250 million new funding round, bringing the company’s valuation to $4 billion and total funding raised to more than $880 million!
Next Insurance is looking for explorers who are filled with curiosity, have the desire to travel the unbeaten path, and realize new heights in providing small business owners with the peace of mind to run their businesses. If you move fast, and are customer-focused and willing to challenge the status quo, Next Insurance might just be your next journey.
We are looking for a driven Data Scientist to help us bring machine learning to the insurance industry. As a data scientist at Next Insurance, you will work on a wide range of projects, including building predictive risk models, fine-tuning user experience and optimizing internal operations. You will enable us to make the best use of our proprietary data, supplemented with novel data sources which you get to assemble creatively.
What You'll Do:
- Research and develop predictive models (we typically start with a POC and then work with Product and Engineering counterparts to transition to production)
- Iterate and pivot quickly to deliver MVP solutions. Design quick experiments to maximize learning
- Understand the data and dig deep to extract actionable insights
- Think creatively and outside the box to answer desired experimental questions
- Work cross-functionally with engineering, product, marketing, business intelligence, insurance operations, customer support, senior management, and external partners
What We Need:
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in data mining, machine learning and/or statistical analysis
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, or related areas
- Experience in writing both agile exploratory analyses as well as production-level code in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate the results of analyses clearly and effectively
- Fluency in Python and the standard numerical packages
- Fluency with data extraction/ manipulation tools (preferably SQL & Pandas)
One of our core values is 'Play as a Team'; this means making sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. We win by playing together. Next Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Next's policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.