Data Scientist - Legal Policy & Economics at Uber
About the Role
Data scientists in this role sit at the intersection of data science, economics, and the law. They partner with the Legal team globally and use their understanding of Uber data and the Uber platform to answer legal questions and advise legal arguments with data. As part of this work, they analyze large datasets, create data pipelines, and build statistical models.
What You'll Do
- Build a deep, nuanced understanding of Uber's large and unique data as well as its platform and communicate this understanding to lawyers, regulators, and other partners
- Propose, design, and execute data analyses, data pipelines, and statistical models to advise, enrich, and advance the work of our Legal Team and other teams across the company
- Work in an inclusive and diverse team of data scientists who will support your development as a data scientist and who, in turn, you will influence and shape
- Experience in data science, with a demonstrable ability to learn and/or use tools such as SQL, Python, and R to work efficiently at scale
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and communicate complex topics to audiences with different backgrounds
- A track record of working independently and conducting research with minimal oversight
- A bachelor's degree in economics, statistics, math, computer science, or another quantitative field; candidates with a relevant PhD and/or extensive experience will be evaluated (and compensated) commensurate with their education and experience
- 1+ year of relevant work experience
- Experience using Presto and Hive to query and Python and R to analyze data at scale
- Experience and/or interest in legal and economic issues
For Colorado-based roles: The salary/hourly rate range for this role is $115,425 per year - $121,500 per year. You will be eligible to participate in Uber's bonus program, and may be offered an equity award, commissions, & other types of comp. You will also be eligible for various benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.uber.com/careers/benefits.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.