Data Scientist II at KeepTruckin
KeepTruckin is on a mission to modernize the trucking industry. With the leading fleet management platform, we are bringing trucks online and fundamentally changing the way freight is moved on our roads.
We see our hard work rewarded in tangible ways every day and we believe that intelligence is most powerful when paired with humility. We’re motivated by the opportunity to impact and improve every facet of a trillion-dollar industry that touches everyone’s lives. KeepTruckin is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company, a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront and named a Forbes Best Startup Employer 2020.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to build the models that power a key new focus area for KeepTruckin. As a member of our team you’ll help frame the problems, build models and products that win customers, and leverage machine learning at a massive scale to solidify KeepTruckin’s technology lead in the connected fleet management space.
You’ll embed yourself deep in the world of trucking and help understand the forces that govern it. Working with geospatial, transportation, and economic data, you’ll help optimize the way freight moves throughout North America.Responsibilities:
- Build, improve, and maintain machine learning models
- Apply statistical models and quantitative analysis on large datasets to measure and identify areas for improvement/optimization in the product
- Lead the effort for collection of new data and refinement of existing data sources
- Identify and help implement tools to analyze this data effectively
- Educate and steer the organization towards adopting a more data-driven approach
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative field, e.g. Computer Science, Math, Economics, or Statistics
- 2+ years experience in data science, machine learning, and data analysis
- Expertise in applied probability and statistics
- Deep understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms
- Expertise in data-oriented programming (e.g. SQL) and statistical programming (e.g., Python, R). PySpark experience is a big plus
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity in the workforce. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis, including, but not limited to; race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.