We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Blockchains are revolutionizing how financial data is shared and audited. As a Data Scientist within Finance Data, you will be at the heart of these innovations and collaborating closely with the Coinbase finance team, building finance data pipelines and tools that integrate traditional banking with the future of money.
You’ll spend most of your time collaborating closely with business partners in accounting, product, engineering, finance and data science teams — to ensure we’re supporting the biggest business opportunities. You’ll spend your time with the Data team building models and systems that help scale our data deliverables. We expect you to demonstrate clear communication, strong desire to execute and best-in-class craftsmanship.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Identify data, metrics and analyses needs for business partners; Initiate, develop and maintain data pipelines and data models that power dashboards and data products with outstanding craftsmanship.
- Work across multiple subject matter experts to drive new data initiatives, supporting new product launches, and building and automating reports
- Establish best practices in implementation of data models, pipelines and reporting.
- Act as a strategic partner to functional teams; initiate and execute on data projects to help prioritize opportunities and provide actionable recommendations
- Collaborate with stakeholders in US and Japan to define requirements; design and scope project plans; execute, test and implement data and reporting solutions
- Work with the broader Data team to find ways to scale our platform through better systems and automation.
- Develop core metrics and management dashboards to track and understand them.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Self starter, has the ability to multitask, and able to excel with minimal guidance
- General experience working with data systems
- Experience with data processing (ETL), SQL and Python programming language.
- Strong understanding of key finance business processes (e.g. Accounting, Treasury processes) and products
- Be able to independently create documentation for new data projects and requests and build collaboration within the team.
- Demonstrate our core cultural values: clear communication, positive energy, continuous learning, act like an owner and efficient execution.
- Highly collaborative, with an ability to optimally secure inputs from many cross-functional teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
Nice to haves:
- Be able to proactively manage prioritization of work and deliver work with great quality and influence the broader team in creating leverage
- Previous experience working with financial services data is a plus
- Domain experience in Accounting and Finance areas
- Experience with Looker, Tableau or other business intelligence platforms
- Experience manipulating large amounts of structured and unstructured data.
Sounds Cool? Let's work together.
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado is either $140,250 or $175,100 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
*The exact compensation at which this job is filled will be determined by the skills and experience of qualified candidates.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.