Data Scientist, Core Data Science - Location Flexible at Dropbox (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:29 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, January 4, 2022
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Dropbox is the home for your most important stuff—now we're bringing it to life with a growing family of products. As we scale our global brand, there’s plenty of space for you to grow alongside us and simplify life for millions of people around the world.
The Data Science team is focused on using data to help make better decisions about our products. Data is a critical part of our product development process, and Product Analysts are their chief advocates. We are responsible for ensuring that data is trustworthy and correct, finding insights from the data, and making an impact through data-informed decisions. We work across the entire product development timeline, from early data explorations about user behavior to multivariate experiments and optimizations on mature products.
We are looking for multiple Data Scientists at all levels who can jump in and make an impact quickly. You’ll be expected to set up and analyze A/B tests for new experimental features, generate and size opportunities to prioritize features, and define key performance metrics for the team, come up with deep quantitative insights and frameworks that shape roadmaps for future quarters and drive user satisfaction. As this team continues to grow there's also an opportunity to help shape and guide its expansion through mentorship and advocacy across the company. We hope you'll join us!Responsibilities
- Working with engineering to implement, document, validate, and monitor our logging and metrics
- Creating simple, trustworthy data pipelines and automated reporting to surface key metrics
- Identifying, translating, prioritizing, and informing important product questions with data
- Exploring data to find actionable insights and make product recommendations through funnels, cohort analyses, long-term trends, user segmentation, ML models, and more
- Connecting product engagement with growth and business results
- Synthesizing and communicating insights during all stages of the product development process
- Empowering and teaching others to work effectively and efficiently with data.
- Building and evangelizing data-driven and data-inspired culture at Dropbox
- Degree in Math, Physics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or other quantitative field
- 2+ years experience doing causal inference, quantitative analyses and modeling for a technology company (Experience in product data science is a bonus)
- Fluency in SQL and statistical programming (e.g., R or python)
- A solid understanding of statistical analysis, experimentation, and the common pitfalls of data analysis
- Good understanding of basic ML techniques just as regressions, tree based models, clustering techniques and SVMs
- Self-starter: You recognize gaps and drive projects with minimal guidance and focus on making a large impact
- Strong communicator: You effectively synthesize, visualize, and communicate your ideas to others
- Critical thinker: You are thoughtful, self-aware, and use available evidence to make decisions
- Collaborative: You work effectively with others and win credibility quickly