Next Insurance is a fast-growing startup based in Silicon Valley that is led by a team of experienced entrepreneurs with a history of successful outcomes. Our mission is to transform insurance for small businesses by combining world-class technology and phenomenal customer service to offer better insurance at a lower price. As the leading digital insurtech company transforming small business insurance, we just announced a $250 million new funding round, bringing the company’s valuation to $4 billion and total funding raised to more than $880 million!
Next is looking for explorers who are filled with curiosity, have the desire to travel the unbeaten path, and realize new heights in providing small business owners with the peace of mind to run their businesses. If you move fast, customer-focused, and willing to challenge the status quo, Next Insurance might just be your next journey.
Want to shape the future of insurance through data science? We are looking for a Data Scientist to join the growing data org that has a dedication to diving into data and thinking analytically about business problems and user behaviors. The ideal candidate is excited to define and own company objectives and guide their team towards success through data-driven decisions. If you have the intuition to identify important analytical questions, the technical ability for complex deep-dives, and the communication skills to help the team turn ideas into action - you belong here!
What You’ll Do:
- Work with cross-functional partners to determine the strategy of their team, then design the right metrics and targets to communicate their progress
- Create deep-dive analyses to understand customer, operations, or funnel behavior
- Identify, size and prioritize opportunities
- Create a clear, compelling, and actionable insights based on data
- Partner with data engineering to design the right data model, logging, and data-pipeline foundations
- Develop dashboards to track metric progress against objectives, understand metric drivers, and help business stakeholders make data-informed decisions
- Design experiments to inform product decisions
What We Need:
- Professional experience in a quantitative analysis role
- Experience influencing the strategy of a product and/or marketing strategy through analyses
- Fluent in SQL and some experience with a programming language like Python a plus
- Experience building clear and easy to understand dashboards
- Ability to communicate effectively to cross functional partners of varying technical levels
- Ability to define relevant metrics that can guide and influence stakeholders to the appropriate and accurate insights
- BA/BS degree
- Experience designing experiments, with knowledge of statistics a plus
- Experience looking at above the line media/marketing data; working with agencies is a plus
One of our core values is 'Play as a Team'; this means making sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. We win by playing together. Next Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Next's policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.