Who We Are:
At Calm, we have a simple, albeit BIG mission: to make the world a happier and healthier place. Through our website, blog, and app—filled with meditations, sleep stories, music, movement, and more—we’re redefining what mental care looks like in 2021 and beyond. With over 100 million users worldwide, 100,000 new users daily, and our growing partnerships with major companies, we’re having a positive effect on more and more people each and every day. And while the heart of Calm is digital, we are growing and expanding offline with a variety of products and services to help deliver on our mission of health and happiness, the world over.
What We Do:
Data Scientists at Calm are focused on leveraging our growing dataset to help prioritize product and content development, identify optimization opportunities, and automate data flows and analyses for key decision makers. In this role, your initial analytics efforts will be focused in one of these areas: B2B (optimizing sales cycles and B2B user experience), User Acquisition (developing methodology to evaluate ad performance), or Product (providing data-driven recommendations that help improve user experience with our products). In this role, you will also work to increase the reliability and trustworthiness of our data by identifying data quality issues and the sources and magnitudes of such problems. You will set up monitoring and write tests to prevent recurrence of problems, potentially with anomaly detection approaches, and when possible, fix the issues.
What You’ll Do:
- Engage in data deep dives and experiments to provide data-driven recommendations
- Use data to impact project prioritization
- Help us understand useful ways to segment users
- Identify problems with data quality and fix problems when possible
- Engage in productive thought partnership with business stakeholders, helping us navigate tradeoffs together and grow our data-driven culture
- Work to make our data science roadmap impactful and systematic
- Write tests and set up monitoring to reduce data problems
- Automate new data pipelines and analyses
- Present results of deeper data dives to the team
- Help us figure out which problems matter that we aren’t thinking about
- Build dashboards if they will have a meaningful impact
- Iterate on best-in-class reporting “menu,” to minimize ad-hoc reporting requests
Who You Are:
- Three years of industry experience in data science or analytics
- Strong storytelling skills and ability to communicate cross-functionally
- Have a hypothesis-driven, scientific approach to problems
- Ability to come up with reasonable conclusions when no ground truth exists
- Advanced SQL skills
- Comfortable manipulating data with Python or R
- Excellent at visualizing data
- Excellent product instincts
- Ability to work independently
- Experience with data visualization tools like Tableau or Mode
Nice to have:
- Bonus: Experience working with B2B, Product, or User Acquisition teams
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.