Data Scientist - AdTech at Uber
Marketing data science informs decisions across Uber's global marketing efforts, accelerating both demand and supply growth worldwide. We leverage advanced statistical modeling, machine learning, or data mining techniques in a scalable manner including large scale data processing such as Spark, Hive, and Uber's proprietary machine learning platform, and more.
About the Role
We're looking for an experienced data scientist on our Marketing Data Science team to help optimize investment decisions for Uber's multi-million dollar marketing budget using cutting edge machine learning and statistical models. You will be responsible for developing meaningful analytical solutions and productionizing models in a scalable manner to advise decisions across Uber's global marketing efforts, accelerating both demand and supply growth within Uber's 600+ cities worldwide! The right person for this role has a passion for driving impact by using predictive modeling, machine learning, experimentation and technology to power decisions across our marketing organization.
What You'll Do
- Build production grade models on large-scale datasets to optimize marketing performance by utilizing advanced statistical modeling, machine learning, or data mining techniques and marketing science research
- Use models to address key growth challenges and provide meaningful insights on problems in Channel Optimization and Eats Marketing including user value modeling, bid optimization, targeting optimization etc
- Work with cross-functional teams to implement and deploy models and improve analytical solutions by providing data-driven recommendations
- Use large scale data processing such as Spark, Hive, and Uber's proprietary machine learning platform, and more
- Collaborate with marketing leadership, design, product, and engineering teams
- Participate in project planning/prioritization meetings, partner meetings, data prioritization meetings, etc
- Ph.D., M.S. or Bachelors degree in Statistics, Economics, Machine Learning, Operations Research, or other quantitative fields. (If M.S. degree, a minimum of 1+ years of industry experience required and if Bachelor's degree, a minimum of 2+ years of industry experience as a Data Scientist or equivalent)
- Knowledge of underlying mathematical foundations of statistics, machine learning, optimization, economics, and analytics.
- Knowledge of experimental design and analysis
- Experience with exploratory data analysis, statistical analysis and testing, and model development
- Ability to use Python to work efficiently at scale with large data sets
- Proficiency in languages and tools like SQL, R, and Spark.
- PhD degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Math, or another quantitative field with 1-3 years of working experience as a data scientist
- Previous experience in advertising tech (e.g. bidding model, attribution, targeting, 3rd party data integration, and etc) is a plus
- Relevant work experience in applying advanced analytics, data science, or causal inference to marketing problems
- Experience with big data using technologies like Hadoop, Hive, and Spark a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Organized and have the ability to balance attention to detail with swift execution
- Able to multitask and be a great teammate
- Hunger and drive to learn complex topics
- Passion for Uber!