MOSAIC is seeking a Data Scientist 2 to support a contract in Annapolis Junction, MD.
A data scientist will develop machine learning, data mining, statistical and graph-based algorithms to analyze and make sense of datasets; prototype or consider several algorithms and decide upon final model based on suitable performance metrics; build models or develop experiments to generate data when training or example datasets are unavailable; generate reports and visualizations that summarize datasets and provide data-driven insights to customers; partner with subject matter experts to translate manual data analysis into automated analytics; implement prototype algorithms within production frameworks for integration into analyst workflows.
- Produce data visualizations that provide insight into dataset structure and meaning
- Work with subject matters experts (SMEs) to identify important information in raw data and develop scripts that extract this information from a variety of data formats (e.g., SQL tables, structured metadata, network logs)
- Incorporate SME input into feature vectors suitable for analytic development and testing
- Translate customer qualitative analysis process and goals into quantitative formulations that are coded into software prototypes
- Develop and implement statistical, machine learning, and heuristic techniques to create descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics
- Develop statistical tests to make data-driven recommendations and decisions
- Develop experiments to collect data or models to simulate data when required data are unavailable
- Develop feature vectors for input into machine learning algorithms
- Identify the most appropriate algorithm for a given dataset and tune input and model parameters
- Evaluate and validate the performance of analytics using standard techniques and metrics (e.g. cross validation, ROC curves, confusion matrices)
- Oversee the development of individual analytic efforts and guide team in analytic development process
- Guide analytic development toward solutions that can scale to large datasets
- Partner with software engineers and cloud developers to develop production analytics
- Bachelor's and Master's degree from an accredited college or university in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, mathematics, operations research, engineering or computer science). An additional two (2) years of experience in software development, cloud development, analyzing datasets, or developing descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics can be substituted for a Master's degree. A PhD from an accredited college or university in a quantitative discipline can be substituted for three (3) years of experience.
- Five years of experience analyzing datasets and developing analytics, five years of experience programming with data analysis software such as R, Python, SAS, or MATLAB.
Full-Time employees have a choice of 3 different medical plans, 1 medical supplement plan, 2 different dental plans and vision coverage. All plans are ala carte, so you can choose what fits for you and your family.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time off (PTO)
- Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability paid for by MOSAIC
- Term Life Insurance
- Training and Career Development Reimbursement Opportunities
- Referral Incentive Program
At MOSAIC Technologies Group each team member is a key player. MOSAIC provides consulting and technical services to Government and commercial clients in the areas of management, mission and technology. We know the value of our talent, and we work to provide challenging opportunities for each member that will cultivate careers as well as develop people. Our familial environment, competitive salary and benefits are a few of the ways that we take care of our people. If you believe in supporting your community, growing your career and working with committed colleagues then join us. MOSAIC wants you in the family.
MOSAIC is an EEO/Affirmative action employer and is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.