Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
We are looking for a Data Science Manager to lead the User Growth analytics team. You will partner closely with cross functional team leaders such as Product, Engineering, Design, UXR and other leaders in utilizing data to drive decision making. In addition to strong analytical skills, you will have a keen business acumen and the big picture thinking that can guide our User Growth strategy in a data driven manner.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We're completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
How You’ll Have Impact:
The Growth team oversees onboarding efforts for new users, push notifications and emails for new and existing users, as well as top of funnel efforts such as SEO. You will manage a team of high-performing, highly motivated data scientists to unlock user growth for the company.
As a data science leader, you’ll be a key player in ensuring we make the right product decisions based on data insights and help define the culture that is driven through metrics and KPIs. Your work will not only impact millions of users and thousands of advertisers but also act as a data foundation for our rapidly growing business.
What You’ll Learn:
- You will closely partner with our Product and Engineering teams to drive user growth for the company. Your team will play a key role in developing user product strategy and experiments. You’ll partner with senior stakeholders to share data insights with the company.
- In addition, your team will work side by side with a world-class organization of Engineering, Machine Learning, Search, Data Science, Data Warehouse, and Analytics practitioners who work together to create a variety of capabilities for Reddit to be more successful in its decision-making and product creation. In this process, you will be exposed to a variety of new techniques in experimentation, statistical frameworks, machine learning, deep learning, and causal inference.
What You’ll Do:
- Own the vision and roadmap for the Growth Data Science team to focus on high impact levers that inform product decision making
- Build and mentor a team of highly motivated, high-performing data scientists and deliver business outcomes
- Partner closely with Product and Engineering directors on org processes, learnings, and opportunities to establish a data-driven product lifecycle culture
- Lead the team in conducting exploratory analysis for millions of users to understand their lifecycle, retention patterns and how we can serve them better
- Lead the team in conducting product/feature analyses, opportunity sizing, experimentation (A/B testing) and build dashboards/visualizations to assess product health.
- Collaborate with various cross-functional stakeholders, including Product Managers, Engineers, Designers, UX Researchers, Data Engineers and Data Warehouse Engineers to lead projects related to organizing and analyzing data.
- Be an integral part of the Data Org, leveraging and contributing to the vibrant knowledge base, shared across a community of world-class data experts.
Who You Might Be:
- 6+ years of experience in data analytics or related quantitative role
- 2+ years of experience in the tech growth space
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of 5 or more Data Scientists.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and guide product strategy with data
- Demonstrated ability to take ambiguous problems and solve them in a structured, hypothesis-driven, data-supported way
- Desire to mentor other data scientists and share best practices to elevate the data science practice at Reddit
- Strong ability to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical & non-technical audiences
- Proficiency with relational database (e.g., SQL) and statistical analysis/programming languages (e.g., R / Python)
- Proficiency with dashboarding tools (e.g. Mode Analytics, Tableau, Looker)
- Good understanding of Machine Learning techniques and platforms.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].