Data Science Engineer at Formlabs (Somerville)
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
As one of our first dedicated Data Scientists, you will help move to statistical decision making for product and feature development. You will look at various data inputs such as model data for printability, user statistics, and data from beta testing.
If you’re excited to have a big impact in our future technology and empowering data driven product development, join our team as a Data Science Engineer.
- Develop a deep understanding of how our printers work and find ways to use data to make them work better
- Develop and deploy tools and algorithms for analysis of 3D models and printer data
- Collaborate with various teams to help improve our data pipeline
- Make improvements to how we validate, test, and deploy data science algorithms and models in production.
- You are a strong programmer with 5+ years of experience including hands-on experience developing in Python and/or C++
- You have good fundamental skills in relevant areas of data science (e.g. statistics, machine learning, natural language processing).
- You have experience with and are interested in prototyping, building, testing, and deploying advanced algorithms and technology for production applications.
- You enjoy working with real-world data and are excited about testing your ideas and creations in partnership with real customers.
- You are comfortable working autonomously and developing new processes
- Standard libraries for data science
- Using 3D Printing
- Our engineering technology stack (Python, C++, AWS)
- Flexible vacation
- Premium healthcare coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.