Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
The mission of the Data Platform Team at Checkr is to deliver an analytics data platform with self-service capabilities for internal and external customers. Through partnerships with key stakeholders, we strive to provide actionable insights in a speedy and accurate manner to better understand their needs, build better products, and empower data-informed decisions. Reporting into the Director of Data Platform, this role is responsible for the mentorship and management of cross-functional analysts. At Checkr we have a hybrid organizational model with analysts that are embedded into the product teams as well as a centralized team. This role will serve as a mentor to analysts while managing projects end to end to deliver value to the business.
- Lead, mentor, and engage a team of product analysts to deliver high impact projects in alignment with organizational objectives
- Develop and maintain frameworks for advanced analytics and data science to be leveraged by all analysts;
- Identify and determine product + procurement strategy for tooling frameworks such as AB Testing platform and product analytic behavior tools (experience with amplitude, mixpanel, optimizely, etc a plus)
- Influence partners and senior leaders through communicating across various levels of the organization through the storytelling of the data
- Prioritize multiple tasks and work streams simultaneously and own projects end to end
- Recognize the potential of team members and guide them in developing skills through mentorship and training
- Develop and help build sustained change and performance improvement from data-driven insights in a number of different areas or contexts
- Identify the most appropriate solutions from a range of common statistical methods, analytical techniques and modeling concepts to answer business questions
- Identify and communicate insights from data to help stakeholders have a deeper understanding of product experience
- Work directly with product managers and data team members to develop frameworks for product analytics including data validation and a/b test framework
- Identify and analyze key metrics, conversions, and conversion drivers.
What you bring:
- Multiple years experience in an IC advanced analytics role, delivering insights to stakeholders to influence decision making; hands on work experience solving complex analytics problems;
- Experience in b2b product analytics and data science teams preferred
- 1-2 years of management experience, distributed team management a plus
- A multifaceted individual who consistently, and inventively, applies analytical concepts and playbooks to tackle business problems and unlock opportunities
- Well-practiced in partnering with business areas and collaborating with Product teams
- Self-starter mindset and willingness to challenge assumptions/status-quo.
- Take initiative to identify current and potential problems and recommend the best solution given the tradeoffs
- Display a true passion for data and analytics as well as possessing a strong curiosity and desire to provide data for informed decisions faster
- Strong SQL skills; demonstrated experience with tools to structure, transform and visualize data (R,Python,a plus etc)
- Knowledge of Statistics and advanced data modeling for predictive analytics
- Strong experience with story telling through visualization
- Experience with MPP databases such as Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery, or other relevant technologies
- Knowledge of Data governance is a plus
- Familiar with PM methodologies (e.g., Agile, Kanban, etc.) and knowledge of when to apply methodologies.
*The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $177,735- $209,100.
What you get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to 25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.