Data Science & Analytics Lead Instructor at HackerU (Remote)
Are you passionate about sharing your knowledge about technology and data with others? Are you looking for a way to utilize your expertise to change the lives of individuals seeking to break into the Data Science and Analytics field? Do you want to have access to the most cutting-edge and fully-vetted analytics and technology curriculum? If so, let us introduce you to ThriveDX!
ThriveDX (formally HackerU) is a Global leader - on the cutting edge of digital skills training and transformation. For more than a decade, we have trained thousands of industry experts as well as governments, military, intelligence, law enforcement agencies and top tier enterprises.
Originally founded in Israel, ThriveDX brings a depth of experience and knowledge to partner with continuing education programs, preparing learners and helping them gain employment in a rapidly growing digital workforce. From top universities like University of Miami, University of Michigan, New York University and California State University we provide a turnkey solution that propels students into meaningful careers. Through these partnerships ThriveDX is working to uplift learners of all socioeconomic backgrounds to close the global digital skills gap one student at a time.
We are looking for Data Science and Analytics Instructors to join us! You will act as an on-site or virtual instructor and as a point of contact with the operations team. As part of your position, you will teach data science, machine learning, and analytics-related courses with a focus on preparing students to build the skills and knowledge base to obtain a position as a data scientist or analytics professional.
Who You Are
Our ideal candidate must be highly experienced in Data Science and Analytics. They must be passionate about Analytics and even more dedicated to giving our students the highest quality education and training required to land entry-level data-related jobs upon graduation from the program. This person must have the above-mentioned background, experience in methodology, content, and delivery of interactive, facilitation-based training, utilizing multiple teaching platforms including classroom, web-based, hands-on, and self-directed instruction.
General Requirements and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in the data science and analytics field with a proven background in statistics, coding, and data visualization
- Knowledge of the relationship between data science and using it to meet the needs of businesses and solving real-world problems.
- Deep experience with end-to-end data science, business intelligence, and analytics projects, from goal and problem formulation to delivering actionable insights to decision-makers.
- Willingness to provide constructive and compassionate feedback with fast turnaround times
- Familiarity with the latest advances in data science and machine learning algorithms
- Familiarity with best practices in data science and analytics
- 1 or more years of experience teaching, facilitating, and instructing adult learners
- Ability to teach in a highly interactive and engaging style, and to analyze and synthesize complex technical information and present it simply and clearly.
- Experience in educational materials development
Technical Skills Requirements
- Significant experience wrangling data including cleansing, outlier detection, formatting, standardizing, profiling, feature engineering, matching, filtering, and preparing data for analysis
- Use of R and/or Python libraries for data wrangling, data visualization, and building predictive models
- Understanding of data warehousing concepts and ETL processes
- Experience in one or more of the following: Tableau, PowerBI, or other data visualization tool
- Experience creating reports using markdown (either in R or Python), and/or use of Jupyter notebooks
- Advanced knowledge of statistics including descriptive statistics, probability theory, ANOVA, regression, sampling techniques, and hypothesis testing (and ability to explain these concepts clearly)
- Knowledge of databases and in writing SQL queries (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc).
- Knowledge of foundational computer science concepts
- Familiarity with recent advances in data science and analytics
Expectations in this Role
- Provide constructive and compassionate feedback to learners at different stages of their educational and professional journey
- Accept constructive feedback from leaders and other educators
- Adaptable to changes in curriculum and processes in a startup environment
- Provide feedback on assignments within 48 hours
- Respond to learner questions within 24 hours
Suggested Education, Certificates/Licenses
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Information Systems, Analytics, Data Science etc.
- Master’s is preferred but not required
Different is Good - At ThriveDX, we are a diverse, global family of lifelong learners, innovators, and education advocates.
Community is Everything - Passion, enthusiasm, and support is interwoven into the fabric of our growing community of lifelong learners.
We Courageously Make Change- We’re not afraid to ask the big questions and then work to create the solutions.
We deliver on our Promises - We hold ourselves accountable for all that we do, for every partner we serve and every learner we support.
Excellence is the only Option- Because we are passionate about education, technology, and advancement for our global community, we expect nothing but the very best from ourselves, our products, and the experiences we provide.
Your Success is our Success
If you are an exceptional team player who is ready to break down walls and forge into uncharted territories with a team of ambitious, passionate, and like-minded individuals, then this role and this company is for you! Self-starters with a “deploy on day one” mindset who have the confidence and ability to bring substantial value to the organization on an immediate and continued basis are the perfect match for us. We are a team dedicated to changing-lives with a work hard – play hard attitude, who value individual contributions towards the collective goal and we cannot wait to meet the next member of our team!