As a Business Analyst, you will assist in the ongoing analysis of Finicity’s products and client performance. You will be responsible for bridging the gap between IT and the business using data analytics to assess processes, determine requirements and deliver data-driven recommendations and reports to executives and clients. This role will work closely with all areas - software development, product, sales, marketing, finance, business intelligence, operations - and have exposure to senior leaders within the organization.
This is a hands-on role that will be instrumental in test planning and execution to evaluate internal and external data sets, and data platforms, to meet new and existing product needs.
More specifically, you will:
- Manage performance analysis for a portfolio of key clients (some of the largest financial institutions and FinTech companies in the world).
- Develop and monitor data performance and ensure business data and reporting needs are met for key products and clients.
- Maintain clear documentation, and report testing progress during projects. Evaluate and analyze test results; communicate to stakeholders, maintain a database of evaluations and evaluation designs.
- Create actionable insights and business recommendations through analysis.
- Drive revenue growth by identifying performance improvements.
- Assist in the definition of test planning and test case construction, including the preconditioning of the data to run the tests and automated processing of results.
- Partner with and influence all product stakeholders to develop, propose and implement strategic experiments and adaptations that drive growth and optimization to industry-changing FinTech products.
- Rigorously analyze and diagnose potential data utility issues and their root causes, at a market and product level.
- Create and present analysis, identify and communicate product trends, issues, and improvements to internal and external stakeholders.
- Deep understanding of the markets in Canada, especially financial transactions
- Bachelor’s degree
- SQL experience or database knowledge
- Reporting tools such as Google Data Studios or Power BI
- 5+ years of experience as a business analyst or similar experience
- You are able to work effectively across multiple disciplines, possess an open and collaborative work style and can translate business objectives into functional and nonfunctional requirements
- Strong technology, analytical and communication skills are must-have traits
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to complete long-term analysis
- A laser focus on understanding business outcomes with effective and fast decision making that takes into account the interests of all stakeholders
- Ability to ideate, analyze, prioritize, adopt and present data-based business expansion ideas and market-disrupting opportunities that resolve product barriers and increase in revenue and global partnerships
- Excellent documentation skills
- This position can be based in Salt Lake City, Utah, or remote.
Finicity, a Mastercard company, helps individuals, families, and organizations make smarter financial decisions through safe and secure access to fast, high-quality data. Our trusted and proven open banking platform empowers consumers to easily connect their financial data to the apps they choose, transforming the way we experience money for everything from budgeting and payments to investing and lending.
Through market-leading data connections, Finicity partners with influential financial institutions and disruptive FinTech providers alike to give consumers a leg up in a complicated financial world, helping to improve financial literacy, expand financial inclusion, and ultimately lead to better outcomes. Finicity is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Finicity provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.