The Cloudbeds team is composed of the greatest minds in technology and travel. Together, we build innovative technology products used to operate and grow lodging businesses all over the world and connect those lodging businesses to travelers from every corner of the globe. Our aim is to make the world a more welcoming place; after all, we understand the value of travel and share a love of different cultures, people, and places.
We’re looking for the world’s best technology innovators who want to help us reinvent the world of tech in travel and who love to travel as much as we do. Our hundreds of team members are spread over 40 countries, speaking 30+ languages. So, how do we do it? We have been a #remotefirst company since our founding in 2012, and we encourage every member of our team to work from wherever they are around the globe.
As a Staff Data Platform Engineer at Cloudbeds, you will implement our company-wide data strategy across all teams and departments to deliver a best-in-class data experience to our customers and partners in over 150 countries, as well as internally within Cloudbeds. You will work closely with our Data Platform, Architecture and Platform Services, Data Products, and Infrastructure teams to progress our Data Platform and Data Services vision to process terabytes of the platform and industry data from multiple databases and origins in an automated fashion. We are in the early days of designing a data platform to accelerate all our data operations and unlock the creation of our future products, and we’d love you to join us, embark and expand upon endless opportunities to innovate and drive the industry-leading, comprehensive, and global data experience for travel.
Location: Remote - US & Canada
What You Will Do:
- Own the end-to-end delivery of projects related to our data platform initiative, from conception and design to development and production monitoring
- You will democratize access to data and aim to automate operations of large amounts of sensitive data efficiently, securely, and reliably
- Ship your code with our continuous integration process
- Consult and partner with the Operations group as they evolve the maturity of our monitoring systems and processes to improve visibility and failures detection in our data platform infrastructure
- Build and maintain high throughput data pipelines with state of the art technologies including but not limited to Kafka and Kafka Streams, Debezium, Cassandra, ElasticSearch, EMR, Delta Lake, etc
- Collaborate with Business Intelligence, Analytics, and Infrastructure teams on a daily basis
- 7+ years experience as a Data Platform Engineer
- 4+ years experience working with Amazon Web Services
- You like to think at scale and design, develop and operate production data stores, messaging applications, data pipelines, and data services that meet the goals of low latency, high availability, resiliency, security, and quality
- Hands-on experience with data and platform design patterns and knowledge regarding trade-offs of using them along with any anti-patterns depending upon use cases at offer
- You have know-how and/or experience in building and implementing large-scale, high throughput, low latency, and secure data microservices applications
- Strong Experience with Data Stream processing, Messaging platforms, and ecosystem frameworks such as Kafka and Kafka Streaming, KSQLetc
- Experience on Cassandra, and ElasticSearch/Lucene
- Ability to work in an Agile Scrum environment
- Ability to think out of the box and learn new technologies
- Ability to work remotely and manage your own time in an international team
- Exceptional written and verbal communication in English
- Know-how of application and dimensional model implementation
- Hands-on experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, or other similar tools
- Hands-on knowledge of ETL technologies and techniques
- A background in DataOps and Service ownership, and a clear understanding of bounded contexts and how they map onto microservices
- Experience moulding fresh environments into efficient mature data platforms
Company Awards to Check Out!
- Fastest Growing Companies | Inc. 500 (2018 & 2019)
- Best Places to Work | Inc Magazine (2017 & 2018)
- Best Places to Work | HotelTechReport (2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Property Management System | HotelTechReport (2021, 2022)
- Best Hotel Management Software | HotelTechReport (2022)
- Start-Ups to Watch | Forbes (2018)
- Best Startup Employers | Forbes (2020, 2022)
- Technology Fast 500 | Deloitte (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Top 100 North America | Red Herring (2020)
- Connect MIP Award (Technology)
Cloudbeds is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates the diversity in our global team! We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Cloudbeds is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Cloudbeds will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process or to perform essential job functions please contact our HR team by phone at 858-201-7832 or via email at [email protected]