Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp’s Engineering Systems team is responsible for infrastructure that makes that possible. Team members work closely with our Development, Product, Support and Data Systems teams to provide the infrastructure needed to move the company and our products forward. We take a pragmatic and practical approach to our technology stacks; we use proven components and build our business logic on top of understood and supported building blocks. We are growing fast and need people who are eager to join us on this journey of learning and advancing our Engineering strategy. Our definite goal is to build a hybrid infrastructure that’ll allow us to deal with the needs of today and tomorrow while empowering our customers.
As a part of the Observability Platforms Search Engineering team, you’ll join us in maintaining, scaling, and improving our real time logging and data pipeline infrastructure. It consists of Kafka, which pushes up to 10 billion events per day, and 80+ Elasticsearch clusters that ingest 1 trillion documents. This data pipeline accounts for the 2nd largest piece of the Mailchimp infrastructure. We provide our internal and external customers with highly available and approachable data pipelines and discovery tools. Together with the rest of the Observability Platforms, we enable Mailchimp’s understanding of business-critical processes and support the tools and features that Mailchimp’s customers use to find and fine-tune their audiences. .
What you'll do here:
- You’ll join an amazing team that designs, develops and maintains a scalable data infrastructure
- Automate processes, create tools, and build features that will improve everyone's experience with our data pipeline infrastructure
- Provide guidance to engineers on how they can best utilize the data streaming platform to gain confidence that their services are performing as expected
- Develop, communicate, and enforce standards
- Rethink and migrate the data streaming platform into a hybrid model
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have an established interest in building and operating large scale distributed systems similar to Elasticsearch
- You’ve written APIs, tools, and web app integrations
- Exposure to data modeling, creating visualizations, and dashboarding
- Proficient Linux and networking knowledge
- Experience with Python or GoLang
- Familiarity with Elasticsearch, Solr, or CrateDB
- Familiarity with other pieces of our technical stack (Kafka, Kubernetes, PubSub)
- Ability to utilize automation and orchestration tools to build large scalable systems
- Experience with GCP or AWS
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Vaccination Policy: We are requiring that employees who come onsite be vaccinated. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Mailchimp/Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who wold like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact [email protected]
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.