GlossGenius is building an ecosystem enabling entrepreneurs to succeed. We empower small business owners to focus on being creators, not admins, by offering a range of business management tools including booking and scheduling, marketing, analytics, payment processing and much more.
Tens of thousands of small business owners have chosen to rely on GlossGenius every day to run their entire set of business operations. With its powerful, intuitive platform, GlossGenius is some part a fin-tech company, some part an SMB software company, while its vibrant, distinguished brand makes it some part a consumer company.
About The Role
The data team’s goal is to deliver trusted data to business stakeholders and lead high impact analysis projects. The scope of our work ranges from building dashboards to analytics engineering to exploratory analysis, and we’re looking for someone who’s excited to turn data into information, information into insights and insights into key business decisions that steer the strategic direction of the company.
As a Data Operations Associate, you’ll be responsible for building the tools, systems and operating processes that enable the company to make data driven decisions. This is a hands-on role with a small team, where you will have the opportunity to provide analytical thought leadership and serve as a subject matter expert on all things data at GlossGenius. You will be based remotely in the US or Canada and report to the Data Operations Lead.
What you'll do
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, and dashboards to drive key business decisions
- Create complex SQL queries and perform ad-hoc and exploratory data analysis
- Interface with internal teams to gather requirements and deliver reporting solutions, as well as serve as a trusted analytics thought-partner
- Drive adoption of business intelligence tools and reports across company stakeholders
- Respond to and resolve technical issues and questions related to our data tools and underlying data sources
- Translate business functional requirements into technical specifications and partner with our engineering & product teams to prioritize data projects with the highest impact to the business
What we’re looking for
- 2+ years of work experience in Business Operations, Strategy, or Analytics at a top management consulting firm, SaaS organization, or financial services institution
- Experience with SQL
- Hands on experience building reports with Tableau or similar BI visualization tools
- Advanced ability to draw insights from data and clearly communicate them (verbal/written) to the stakeholders and senior management as required
- Self-starter with an ability to successfully lead through ambiguity and prioritize multiple projects and partners.
At GlossGenius, we celebrate our differences and are committed to creating a workplace where all employees feel supported and empowered to do their best work. We believe this benefits not only our employees but our product, customers, and community as well. GlossGenius is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.