Data Migration Analyst at VillageMD
VillageMD is changing the trajectory of healthcare by empowering primary care physicians to make informed decisions and engage patients in meaningful ways. We work with thousands of clinicians and healthcare disruptors across the country to build and contribute to our platform to improve patient health while driving down the cost to deliver it.
We are a mission-oriented organization and are thrilled about the work that we do every day. We’re transparent, collaborative, and relentless in pursuit of our mission, all while doing so with humility and a low ego. We believe that diverse backgrounds and experiences create the best opportunity for innovation and the community that we are creating is greater than any individual.
At VillageMD, we leverage EMR data to create products and solutions which drive business decisions, enable the execution of business strategies, and measure business and clinical results and outcomes. Our Technology Enablement team is integral to the delivery of these solutions by serving on the front lines of data acquisition, management, and normalization efforts from a breadth of sources. As a member of the VillageMD Technology team, Data Integration Analysts enjoy a dynamic, hybrid role serving at the intersection of our solutions, delivery teams, and partners.
What are examples of work that Data Integration Analysts have done at VillageMD?
- Implemented VillageMD data extraction technologies across multiple EMR systems and multiple vendors
- Increased the portfolio of data pipelines into the VillageMD platform through creative solutioning with external partners (migration vendors) and VillageMD engineers
- Created tools and workflows to facilitate data ingestion and delivery projects
What will make you successful here?
- A real passion for problem solving and learning new technology
- Vision to balance speed and maintainability in solution design
- Strong analytical and technical skills/aptitude
- The ability to handle multiple, concurrent projects, while managing project deliverables to timelines
- Excellent ability to craft and implement requirements, keep projects on track, and engage partners (internal and external)
- Challenging the status quo to improve our processes and tools
- Communicate complex technical details in meaningful business context
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust by doing what you say you will do
What you might do in your first year:
- Own assigned EMR implementation projects working cross-functionally with the Technology, Market Launch, Population Health Operations, and Analytics teams to enable the VillageMD Technology platform
- QA EMR data sets from migration vendor(s) into the VillageMD data model
- Work with engineering to normalize EMR data sets into the VillageMD data model
- Work with analytics team to QA data after analytics algorithms have executed
- Learn and contribute to innovative ways to extract, move, and analyze data in rapid form using tools like MFT, SQL, Snowflake and Tableau
- Communicate to key stakeholders the project status and expected timeline for EMR data loads
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 2+ years of full-time experience working on data intensive healthcare technology implementation projects
- Strong technical aptitude with the ability to learn and use multiple database technologies (MS SQL, PostgreSQL, Snowflake)
- Preferred experience with clinical and financial healthcare data
- Track record of successfully executing projects with multiple dependencies and stakeholders
- Hands on experience with SDLC, working with both business and technical project teams
- BS/MS in healthcare, technology, or business-related fields
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.