The Actuarial Data Management team works collaboratively with our internal customers to deliver in all aspects of data, reporting, and analytics. Under broad supervision deploys table changes and/or engages in data analysis and processing activities associated with financial actuarial and corporate processing/reporting applications. Supports corporate standards and coding structures in accordance with CNA's products and services external (statutory regulatory and financial [GAAP]) and internal reporting requirements. Engages in control activities to ensure data quality and adherence to enterprise data policy.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Executes approved changes to finance actuarial and/or corporate application table values.
Ensures data integrity by executing controls and requisite processes around the flow of data.
Works with technical staff and subject matter advisors to understand business issues troubleshoot problems and participate in the development of cost-effective data solutions.
Verifies accuracy of table changes and the results of data transformation processes. Participates in testing of changes prior to deployment as appropriate.
Maintains tables which support data transformation processes within and between applications.
Utilizes technology to analyze data and/or metrics from applicable systems to review data processes research issues and escalate problems that require data system or process improvements.
Participates in data-related projects using data visualization tools and technology with supervision.
Reports to Supervisor or above.
Skills Knowledge and Abilities
1. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
2. Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with project teams.
3. Ability to produce in a fast-paced dynamic workforce.
4. Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
5. Willing to learn new system applications/functions with assistance.
6. Readily adapts to change.
7. Experience using analytical tools such as Qlikview, Tableau or SQL preferred, but not required
Education & Experience
1. Bachelor's degree, in a related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
2. Typically up to three years' experience in data management, accounting, data analysis or systems/business analysis as required by position.
3. Typically up to three years' experience in data related or project management experience preferred.
4. Computing skills including, but not limited to: MS Office Suite, SQL, PeopleSoft, and Business Objects. Light mainframe knowledge (i.e. Job Control Language (JCL)) helpful, but not required.