Data Integrity Specialist - Boston and Baltimore at Fetch Rewards
What we’re building and why we’re building it.
Fetch is a build-first technology company creating a rewards program to power the world. Over the last 5 years we’ve grown from 0 to 7M active users and taken over the rewards game in the US with our free app. The foundation has been laid. In the next 5 years we will become a global platform that completely transforms how people connect with brands.
It all comes down to two core beliefs. First, that people deserve to be rewarded when they create value. If a third party directly benefits from an action you take or data you provide, you should be rewarded for it. And not just the “you get to use our product!” cop-out. We’re talkin’ real, explicit value. Fetch points, perhaps.
Second, we also believe brands need a better and more direct connection with what matters most to them: their customers. -- Brands need to understand what people are doing, and have a direct line to be able to do something about it. Not just advertise, but ACT. Sounds nice right?
That’s why we’re building the world’s rewards platform. A closed-loop, standardized rewards layer across all consumer behavior that will lead to happier shoppers and stronger brands.
Fetch Rewards is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Fetch has a culture to continuously challenge ourselves to do better, and improving the product will improve the user experience. One area of focus is scanning accuracy and the integrity of the receipt data which powers the user experience. The Data Integrity Specialist will contribute to our continuous improvement by scoring the accuracy of receipt scans, building catalogs, and ultimately help drive a better user experience.
- Review and compare spreadsheets of data with photos of the receipt to evaluate accuracy of OCR transcription, categorization, and matching.
- Create scorecards to measure the accuracy of receipt scans, for a variety of data points including merchant name, date, total, purchase items, item price, etc.
- Work with engineers and data scientists to create a catalog of products and restaurant menus through web scraping, manual searches, and data entry.
- Identify and escalate data inaccuracy trends as opportunities for improvement.
- Drive accuracy improvements by creating lists, shopping for, and cataloging products.
We know we’re both succeeding when...
- You successfully complete scorecards to measure the accuracy of receipt data
- You efficiently contribute to the creation of catalogs of merchants, products, and menus
- Your work drives and increase in Fetch’s overall receipt scanning accuracy
- You take ownership of the success of the data integrity practice, while identifying opportunities for improvement in processes, systems, tools, etc.
Skills and experience we believe you will need for this position
- Strong organization skills to keep track of multiple data points simultaneously.
- Comfort using Excel or Google Sheets to organize and structure data
- Attention to detail and ability to stay diligently focused while reviewing spreadsheets of receipt data
- Ability to identify trends and commonalities in sets of data.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to balance many projects at one time
- Strong sense of autonomy, while still working well within a team setting
- Familiarity with grocery products preferred
Pay is $18 hourly.