Data Infrastructure Engineer at Capsule (Remote)
Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant experience and technology that enables customized outcomes for patients, doctors, hospitals, insurers, and manufacturers. We are laser focused on creating the best healthcare experience for our customers and driving meaningful value and better outcomes for every participant in the healthcare system. Capsule has raised over $500MM from the best healthcare and technology investors in the world to pursue our mission of building a pharmacy that works for everyone.
Our values are: everybody needs some looking after sometimes and winning together. People succeed in our culture when they are intensely focused on our customers, are energized by accomplishing ambitious goals, and push themselves and their teammates to be better. We work hard to teach and share our successes to help one another be successful. We anticipate our teammates’ needs and communicate early and often, using the input of our peers to operate both fast and right. We have tremendous ambitions and a lot of fun pursuing them — if that excites you, we’d love to have you join us.
About the Role:
As a Data Infrastructure Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring that Capsule’s data systems are reliable, efficient, and well-architected. This role will be partnering with engineering teams, providing architectural and infrastructure guidance, and assisting teams in growing their data competencies. You will leverage the latest and greatest from AWS as well as open-source technologies to establish a data platform that delights its internal customers.
- Design, build and maintain the core data infrastructure platform for Capsule’s engineering teams.
- Collaborate with SRE teams to deploy repeatable, observable, and fault-tolerant applications.
- Work directly with non-technical customers and fellow engineers to design a data platform that enables everyone to get the most out of Capsule’s data.
- Evangelize cloud data architectures and advocate for their best practices.
- You take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team. You think ahead to anticipate the needs of your teammates and you give and get all the facts making it easy for others to make decisions.
- You drive results in a way that makes everyone better. You accomplish ambitious objectives while uplifting the team around you. You're a magnet for team members looking to get better and be successful.
- You work hard and want to have fun while you do so. You celebrate wins and remember to enjoy the journey as we build something iconic.
- You can work both fast and right and don't view them as trade-offs. You understand when things require precision and accuracy and where 80% gets you to the desired outcome.
- You thrive on being pushed and challenged. You communicate effectively both in written form and live / on your feet - you are not fazed by tough questions in the moment.
- You strike the right balance between putting enough work in to share something, but not going off into a corner for weeks at a time to polish something to perfection.
- You operate like an owner and expect others to as well. You take personal responsibility and value personal responsibility in others.
- You check your ego at the door. You are interested in finding the right answer vs. always having the right answer.
- You are deeply familiar with cloud data architecture, AWS certifications are highly desirable (AWS SA).
- You have expertise in infrastructure-as-code best practices like AWS and Terraform, respectively.
- You're fluent in at least one general-purpose programming language (Python, Java/Kotlin/Scala, Go, Rust, C++, etc.). Python is preferred.
- You are experienced with containerization, cluster orchestrators (Kubernetes), and serverless deployment (AWS Lambda).
- You are opinionated and well-versed in SDLC best practices.
- You are familiar with distributed query engines, real-time data processing concepts, and data warehousing techniques.
- You are familiar with SQL and can perform analysis via simple queries.
Capsule is committed to hiring the best team possible to build a pharmacy that works for everyone. We have a diverse set of problems to solve, and believe that we need a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status.