Who we are
Our mission at Nylas is to turn communication into inspiration and insight. We empower over 100,000 developers and over 900 companies all over the world to access, parse, and gain insights from communications data to provide better experiences for their customers and users, all while providing top tier security and compliance. To achieve this vision, we’ve raised over $175M from Tiger Global, 8VC, ScaleUp, Spark Capital, Slack, and more.
We have a huge market (every company that builds software) and a massive opportunity (the world runs on communication and data). By continuing to hire exceptional people from all different backgrounds and perspectives, we have the opportunity to make Nylas one of the biggest, most successful and equitable technology companies in the world.
Nylas is an advocate for the well-being of our employees. We trust our employees and give them the autonomy to achieve their goals without focusing on when, where, and how they get there. We are a flexibility first workplace. That means if you have a preference for working fully remote, going into the office every day, or anywhere in between, we support that working style. but if Nylanauts want to work from an office, we have hubs in San Francisco, Denver, New York City, Toronto, and London.
We are also strong supporters of internal and cross-team mobility and growth. We want Nylas to be a place where anyone can be supported to grow, learn, and become the best at what they do. We’ve been named a top Startup for career growth and development by Forbes, Great Places to Work, and Comparably!
From our CTO + Co-Founder, Christine Spang:
“We have a number of folks on the team who started as an individual contributor and became staff level or leaders in their area. I personally love seeing people reach their full potential and become successful at Nylas.”
About the team
Nylas is working on a next generation data platform. You will be involved in building out the new infrastructure on top of a more modern stack that offers horizontal scalability and improved operability. As an early member of the team, you will help build the foundation of data engineering at Nylas. Check out our latest data streams product, Nylas Streams: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo3bW-yLY28
- Understand business requirements and translate them into the concise development/design tasks
- Collaborate with product, engineering, finance, marketing and customer success teams across the organization to help develop, maintain, and operate our data pipeline
- Implement new requests from various teams to fulfill their data needs
- Implement and maintain data pipelines for extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources to data lake or data warehouse
- Create and maintain detailed documentation and functional design specifications
- Enjoy working with smart people in a challenging and fast paced work environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineer or related field
- 1 year experience in GCP services, such as Dataflow, Pub/Sub, Cloud Storage
- 1 year experience with AWS products, such as Glue, S3, Redshift, Kinesis, EventBridge, DynamoDB
- 1 year experience in Spark
- Experience with both structured and semi-structured data, such as relational data, JSON and Parquet
- 1 year of technical experience working with large data sets
- Knowledge of data modeling, data warehousing, ETL processes, and business intelligence reporting tools
- Ability to work effectively across organizational boundaries
- Excellent oral, written, analytical, problem solving, and presentation skills
- Exceptional collaboration, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Basic proficiency in a UNIX/Linux environment
- Experience with Kubenetes
- Experience working with modern databases and warehouses
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience with Git/Github
Perks and Benefits:
• Nylas Alumni Fund: after 3 years employment, Nylas will invest $20k into your seed round if you decide to start your own company
• Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO): we take this very seriously as we care about the well-being of our employees
• Healthcare: 90% premium coverage for medical, dental and vision for you and your family
• One Medical onsite and tele-health membership for you and dependents
• Additional: Health and DC FSA, Life insurance, with options for STD, LTD
• Retirement Plan: match up to 3% of annual salary for 401k or RRSP contributions
• Education Stipend: $1k annual education & development benefit
• Perk card: $150 per month towards health, wellness, and other perks via Assembly
• Cell Phone: $50 per month stipend towards cell phone reimbursement
• Fully Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks parental leave (maternity & paternity)
Not sure if this is you?
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If this job sounds great, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! We carefully consider every application and will either move forward with your application, find another team that might be better suited to your skills, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Nylas is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states/provinces. If you are not located in or able to work from a state/province where Nylas is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Nylas is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also EEO is the Law.