--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 800+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You love data management and data governance. You’ve either worked on data governance before or you work in a data role and have a knack for data policies and management. You could also be a security analyst interested in branching out into the area of data governance. You are very comfortable using SQL to understand datasets and you can converse with technical and non-technical people alike. You have experience leading cross-functional projects that require collaboration and you enjoy facilitating consensus.
What success looks like in your first 6 months:
This is a key role within our Data Analytics Platform Team. We are looking for an experienced Manager to lead the data governance operations for our team. This individual will ensure that data governance activities, including data access, are prioritized appropriately and managed through to delivery.
Reporting into the Senior Manager of our Data Analytics team, with dotted line reporting into our Chief Information Security Officer, this role will be responsible for (non-exhaustive list):
- Day to day management of all data access requests - tickets, cyclical activities and regular tasks
- Overseeing the prioritization of work on data governance activities
- Ensuring processes are documented and up to date and regularly reviewed
- Managing service delivery, implement process improvements and automation
- Managing up-skilling/cross training, in particular where there is a single point of failure
- Facilitating conversations with other stakeholder teams to resolve issues, improve processes
- Driving the development and maintenance of data governance policies including collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders to design the approach and facilitate approvals
- Monitoring data access with routine validation processes and make continuous improvements/add additional validations.
- Driving improvements in our data maturity action plan and our data governance activities.
- Building strong relationships with stakeholders across the company.
- Managing the Data Catalog and Data Dictionaries.
In the first 6 months you will become familiar with the organizational structure of the company and the matrix of data access policies that govern our data assets. You will build trust-based relationships with our stakeholders, including our Chief Information Security Officer. You will be mentored by both your manager, the head of analytics, and a Senior Manager in Data Engineering - both of whom will help you learn everything you need to know to be successful. You’ll jump into managing our data catalog and data dictionaries, get to know the scope of our data platform and lead the process for new data access requests.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Passion for data, data management and data governance
- SQL skills to understand the datasets you manage
- Experience working with stakeholders, strong stakeholder management skills, including handling escalations when necessary
- Strong prioritization skills.
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Able to bring people together/facilitate problem solving and resolution
- Able to work on their own initiative and drive growth in the area of data management and data governance
- Passion for change and innovation
- Growth mindset
- Data Governance
- GDPR and compliance regulations
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including company equity.
- paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching.
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses.
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed.
- opportunities to own and drive important critical projects.
- individual Learning and Development fund and professional training.
- generous leave and flexible hours.
- and more!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.#LI-AG#LI-Remote
For individuals applying for US-based roles:
Dataminr is requiring that all prospective employees hired for this position present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Dataminr is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief, medical reasons, or other legally protected reasons, should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any conditional offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.
For individuals applying for Australian-based roles:
Dataminr requires (as a condition of employment) that the successful candidate for this position be fully vaccinated with a recognized and approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to commencing employment. The successful candidate will be required to present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment.
Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a legally protected reason should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.