Data Governance Engineer at FIS
We are FIS. Our technology powers the world's economy and our teams bring innovation to life. We champion diversity to deliver the best products and solutions for our colleagues, clients and communities. If you're ready to start learning, growing and making an impact with a career in fintech, we'd like to know: Are you FIS?
About the team:
At FIS' Retail Digital Payments team, we move money and work on the industry leading technology that specializes in the money movement. We are laser sharp customer focused with a mindset to build the best services and experiences in financial services. We believe in team empowerment and self-driven team members. Our culture is centered around inclusion and collaboration, and our team is made up of a diverse group of individuals from across the globe
About the role:
As a Data Governance Engineer, you will be responsible for the data, processes and technology that support our FIS Corporate Data Assets. You will be a key partner in building internal corporate Data Governance and Data Quality utilizing Informatica's tool suite. You will be responsible for creating/maintaining data definitions, data lineage, data quality metrics and data quality scorecards.
What you will be doing:
- Perform data profiling of source data to assess quality.
- Work with stakeholders at various level to assist with data quality resolutions.
- Responsible for Metadata content in the Business Glossary - data definitions and data classifications.
- Develop data scorecards and dashboards within the Informatica Suite.
- Develop end to end data lineage within Informatica Suite.
- Identify opportunities to improve data quality at the source.
- Requires SQL development skills
- Adhere to Data Governance policies and processes.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems with expertise in data mining or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2+ years is must with implementing Informatica product suite.
- Experience in using IDQ tool for source data profiling, creating and applying rules to identify data anomalies.
- Related work experience in areas of Master Data Management, Data Governance, deep experience in data warehousing and analysis.
- Strong understanding of software development life cycle and agile/SAFe methodologies.
- Excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills.
- Self-starter, passionate about making a difference.
What we offer you:
A career at FIS is more than just a job. It's the change to shape the future of fintech. At FIS, we offer you:
- A voice in the future of fintech
- Always-on learning and development
- Collaborative work environment
- Opportunities to give back
- Competitive salary and benefits
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.