The Red Ventures Financial Services group is looking for a talented Data Engineering Manager to join our team! As a Data Engineering Manager at Red Ventures, you will have the opportunity to build technology that drives real value for the users of our products all aimed at helping people make the right financial decisions for them. You will lead a team tasked with designing, developing, testing, and maintaining big data pipelines to create a foundation that powers our business analytics and machine learning efforts to drive our vision!
What You'll Do:
- Lead a team of Data Engineers to design and build data pipelines from various data sources to a target data warehouse using batch data load strategies utilizing cutting edge cloud technologies.
- Provide technology ownership for data solutions on projects that the team has been tasked with
- Work with a cross functional team of business analysts, architects, engineers, data analysts and data scientists to formulate both business and technical requirements.
- Collaborate with business leaders and our Director of Data Engineering to understand the broader strategies of the business and design a roadmap for how your team can support key initiatives.
- Drive documentation of database designs that include data models, metadata, ETL specifications and process flows for business data project integrations.
- Design processes for ensuring data quality and integrity while providing timely responses to ad hoc requests.
- Provide input into strategies as they drive the team forward with delivery of business value and technical acumen.
- Execute on proof of concepts, where appropriate, to help improve our technical processes.
What We're Looking For:
- 4+ years of experience managing a team
- A technical leader who can guide and coach a team of data engineers
- 8+ years of experience in software development
- 4+ years of experience in the big data space
- Experience in translating business requirements into technical data solutions on a large scale
- Experience working on Spark (RDDs / Data Frames / Dataset API) using Scala/Python to build and maintain complex ETL pipelines.
- Experience with one of the major data warehousing solutions (we use Redshift but welcome candidates with experience in Snowflake, Oracle or Teradata)
- 2+ years of experience working on Cloud technologies (we use AWS but welcome candidates with experience in Azure or GCP)
- Experience with GitHub and CI/CD processes
- Experience with Compute technologies like EMR and Databricks
- Experience working job orchestration (eg., Airflow)
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated and ability to learn quickly.
- Able to work through ambiguity in a fast-paced, dynamically changing business environment.
Who We Are:
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]