Reify Health is paving the way to faster, predictable, and more accessible clinical trials. Through its business entities, StudyTeam and Care Access, the company provides best-in-class trial optimization software and transformative clinical trial infrastructure that delivers research directly to more healthcare providers, communities, and patients wherever they are. Through partnerships with top biopharma companies, thousands of research clinics worldwide, and leading healthcare & community organizations, Reify Health is helping bring new medicines to patients faster, one trial at a time.
Our unique, rapidly growing data streams are enabling unique opportunities to manage clinical trials more efficiently and predictably. The Data Engineering division is looking for a talented Data Engineering Lead to build, expand, and support a cutting-edge, globally distributed data architecture which is the analytical backbone of our company. If you are empathetic, business-driven, and want to use your data engineering and data architecture skills to make a tangible impact in the clinical research community then this may be the role for you.
As a fast-growing company, we're looking for people who can effectively balance rapid execution and delivery with sustainable and scalable architectural initiatives to serve the business most effectively. You have strong opinions, weakly held, and while well-versed technically know when to choose the right tool, for the right job, at the right level of complexity. You will work closely with our Data Science & Analytics and Data Products divisions and the Product, and Product Engineering departments to help collect, stream, transform, and effectively manage data for integration into critical reporting, data visualizations, and data science/machine learning-driven data products.
- Supporting the development and international expansion of modern, privacy-aware, data warehouse and data mesh architectures
- Helping to build, manage, orchestrate, and integrate streaming data sources, data lakes, ELT processes, columnar storage systems, and distributed query execution solutions
- Establishing proactive data quality/freshness dashboards, monitoring, alerting, and anomaly remediation systems
- Building practical data onboarding tooling and process automation solutions
- Learning to effectively understand and deftly navigate the global compliance ecosystem (HIPAA, GDPR, etc.) to ensure your work respects the rights, regulations, and consent preferences of all stakeholders, including historical underserved or underrepresented populations.
- Developing a deep understanding of the clinical ecosystem, our products, and our business and how they all uniquely interact to help people.
- Minimum of 4 years in a data engineering-related leadership role with a successful track record of team execution at a growing company, ideally in a space similar to ours.
- Demonstrated experience in Agile management methodologies and ability to translate business goals into discrete, tactical execution plans while adapting to evolving technical and business constraints.
- Deep practical experience or familiarity with a good portion of our stack, including: AWS services (Redshift, MSK, Lambda, ECS, ECR, EC2, Glue, Quicksight, Spectrum, S3, etc.), Postgres, dbt, Kafka, Prefect, Docker, Terraform
- Experience or interest in developing and managing enterprise-scale data, distributed data architectures
- Excellent programming skills in Clojure or Python and deep comfort with SQL.
- Solid software testing, documentation, and debugging practices in the context of distributed systems.
- Great communication skills and can work comfortably with technical and non-technical stakeholders to develop requirements.
We value diversity and believe the unique contributions each of us brings drives our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note: Reify Health is unable to sponsor work visas at this time. If you are a non-U.S. resident applicant, please note that Reify works with a Professional Employer Organization.