Become part of the ActionIQ Forward Deployed Engineering Team
ActionIQ is a Customer Data Platform (CDP) built to help modern marketers transform customer experiences by giving them access to 100% of their detailed customer behavior data. That access, combined with the ability to orchestrate cross-channel campaigns and measure incremental lift across all digital and offline channels, helps brands such as The New York Times, Michael Kors, The Hartford, Pandora Media and others drive innovation and profitability. We are backed by top investors: Andreessen Horowitz, FirstMark, and Sequoia Capital.
This role is part of the Delivery team of Forward Deployed Engineering, and we’re seeking highly talented individuals to join and grow our team. This is the intersection where the product has to meet customer needs and create value.
You are an engineer who loves data and wants to see technology and data used in ways that ensure our projects and customers success. You have great attention to detail and are very proactive in seeking potential roadblocks to success. You have great people skills and know how to manage the trust and expectations of a customer.
Above all, you want to make it work! You handle pressure well and you love being part of a team that wins. You know how to get the relevant people to help you achieve this goal, and you are prepared to roll up your sleeves and write code to bypass obstacles and make things work.
Role & Responsibilities
Customer Enablement Data Engineers are the customer facing technical owners of our existing customer relationships and data driven deliverables on the AIQ platform.
You will work hands-on with our technology stack and collaborate with several teams such as Product Engineering and Customer Engagement , in order to deliver on all customer technical requests. You will be responsible for regularly interacting with our customers to gather requirements (e.g. weekly meetings, email, etc), scope and prioritize the incoming work. This can include:
- Designing Solutions - translate business requirements into technical solutions using SQL, scripting, codebase configurations, etc
- Setting up ETL pipelines across disparate data sources, and creating a unified Data Model
- Setting up/ enabling new product features & ingest/ export integrations
- Helping answer customer questions, and troubleshooting where necessary
- Participating in the field on-call rotation
You will also be:
- Owning the handover of the customer from the Implementation team, once the platform has been deployed, and be responsible for successfully transitioning them into the Delivery Team
- Finding out sustainable ways of addressing repeatable issues, and building tools for automation
- Contributing with documentation and building our customer specific configuration knowledge base
- A source of feedback for our product team, full stack and backend engineering team
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Information Management or similar
- 2+ years in a technical role that involves managing and manipulating large data sets, such as ETL, Data Warehousing, Analytics, Data Science etc.
- 1+ years in a client-facing role that involves being a point-of-contact for technical and non-technical users
- Proficient in one programming language and working knowledge of SQL, and Unix command line tools
- Working Knowledge of Python, Github, and AWS infrastructure
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong Communication skills
- Improvement mindset, through processes, tools and/ or documentation
- Strong professionalism & work ethic
Nice to have:
- Java/ Scala working knowledge
- Marketing technology industry & relevant vendor knowledge
- Work with a fun, inclusive, and smart team of people as we build a NYC-based enterprise software company!
- Competitive compensation package, including significant equity component
- Backed by top-tier VCs (Sequoia, Andreessen Horowitz, FirstMark Capital)
- Top notch health insurance benefits, including 12 weeks paid parental leave for both parents.
- We are currently working remotely due to COVID-19, but we will be opening a beautiful new office right on Madison Square Park! All NYC-based employees will have the option to return to the office 3 days per week beginning after Labor Day on an “opt-in” basis. We plan to officially reopen our office in the beginning of 2022.
- Check out our latest blog post here to learn how we designed our return to work plans.
- Work from Home stipend to optimize office set up.
ActionIQ is committed to building an inclusive, equitable, and diverse organization. We embrace equal opportunity for all applicants and seek to foster a culture of belonging for our employees. We recognize and appreciate that the more inclusive we are, the better we will function as a team. AIQ welcomes qualified applicants of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or family status, disability, military veteran status, and any other status or background. Join us on our journey to build a product that will help our customers deliver memorable experiences that will drive loyalty and growth.