Data Engineer at Snap Finance
Snap Finance is a rapidly growing FinTech company located in Salt Lake City, Utah, focused on digital disruption in the $1+ trillion financial services industry. Our technology platform and machine-learning algorithms are changing the face and pace of consumer retail finance. Snap has a strong, supportive culture and is dedicated to its customers, merchant partners, and team members. We are looking for someone who is hard-working and enjoys an environment that is mission- and results-driven.
*This position is hybrid, however not 100% remote. If outside of Utah, relocation is expected. *
We are looking for a Data Engineer who will participate in the expansion and organization of our operational and analytical data pipelines. Should support our developers, data scientists, business intelligence analysts, and machine learning engineers in ensuring consistent, accurate data delivery. We expect this Data engineer to deliver high quality code after unit testing and automated tests meets expected results. Able to debug existing and new pipelines and fix production issues.
- Design, build and implement new data models
- Implement new data pipelines and support production.
- Work with stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data needs
- Establish systems for monitoring data quality and generating alerts.
- Involve in technical, data catalog documentation
- SQL and relational databases such as PostgreSQL
- Programming using Python, Java, and/or Scala
- Source control systems: git, GitHub
- Data warehouse systems such as Hive, Redshift, Snowflake, Databricks
- Column-oriented data formats such as Parquet, ORC
- Automated workflows and CI/CD tools: Airflow, Jenkins, etc.
- Amazon Web Services: S3, EC2, ECR, ELB, RDS, etc.
- Understanding of Data assets partitioning, indexing, sort order
- Pipeline design incremental vs. entire dataset
- Knowledge of latest distributed computing like Apache Spark
Education and Background Required:
- B.S. (Computer Science or other STEM field) combined with robust experience will be considered, M.S. preferred
- 3-5 years of experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly explain technical topics to a non-technical audience
- Team-oriented but able to complete tasks independently at a high standard
- Structured, organized, and detail-oriented
- Proactive, enthusiastic, and flexible
- Fluency in English, both in oral and written form
- Ability to take projects from conceptualization to implementation
- Must be able to work onsite in our Salt Lake City office and be legal to work in the United States
Why You’ll Love It Here…
- Unlimited PTO
- Competitive medical, dental & vision coverage
- 401K with company match
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid short-term and long-term disability
- Legal coverage and other supplemental options
- Pet insurance, free snacks, and fun events
- A value-based culture where growth opportunities are endless
Snap values diversity, and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Learn more by visiting our website at www.snapfinance.com
California Residents please review our California Consumer Privacy Act Notice at https://snapfinance.com/ccpa-notice