At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
We remain committed to maintaining a safe environment for hiring as we look forward to the future of work. Click here for information on Aerospace's COVID-19 directives and safety procedures implemented to keep our workplace safe.
The Datacentric Platform and Architectures Dept. develops data analysis pipelines, tools and platforms to enable the full exploitation of historical and streaming data sets for a variety of civil and national security space customers. Do you want to do cutting edge data engineering and do innovative work on the open-source data processing frameworks with the ability to intelligently scale? Join us as a Data Engineer on the Datacentric Platform and Architectures Department team at The Aerospace Corporation!
This position can be fully remote or a hybrid work model (partially remote with some onsite work in El Segundo, CA, Chantilly, VA, or Colorado Springs, CO).
What You'll Be Doing
- Working closely with National Security Space, United States Space Force, and other Department of Defense customers
- We provide data engineering and data architecture solutions for the space enterprise
- Data engineering is at the center of many developing and future information systems and holds a key role in the organization at large
- Customers rely on our capabilities as data volumes continue to grow at exponential rates
- This position is focused on leading development and developing highly resilient and efficient data platforms
- Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned as needed
- We use the development of these types of data platforms to increase velocity and innovation for Aerospace and our customers
This position can be filled as a Data Engineer (Associate Member of Technical Staff) or Data Engineer (Member of Technical Staff)
What You Need to be Successful
Minimum Requirements for Data Engineer (Associate MTS):
- Bachelor's or advanced Science degree from an accredited program in computer science or other applicable STEM concentrations.
- Less than a year or more of professional experience in data/software engineering related work
- Knowledge of a programming languages i.e., Python, C/C++, Java, etc.
- Data architectures and platforms
- Cloud technology and utilization
- Back-end and middleware development
- This position requires ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the US government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
Minimum Requirements for Data Engineer (MTS):
- All of the above requirements for Data Engineer
- 2 or more years of professional experience in data/software engineering related roles
How You Can Stand Out
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
- Advanced [Masters, PhD] degree from an accredited program in computer science or other applicable STEM concentration
- Development of data platforms
- Experience with data security and governance technologies
- Microservice architectures
- Knowledge of data virtualization and data access
- Distributed and stream data processing
Grade-Based Pay Range
(Min - Mid - Max)
$67,573 - $117,940 - $168,307
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at [email protected] You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.