Long View. A career that helps you get more out of life.
A Long View career helps you get more out of life. We don’t just say it, we prove it. Every day. We’re proud of our reputation as one of North America’s most dynamic IT providers — and we’re even prouder of our culture that allows our people to live life to its fullest. At Long View, we create an environment of collaboration and support, of innovation and enthusiasm, of inclusion and belonging. As a member of the Long View team, you’ll see how our company’s core pillars — Integrity, Competence, Value, and Fun — resonate through the workplace. And in a recent survey, 92% of Long View team members rated Long View as a good or great place to work!
Are you passionate about maximizing data assets to drive digital transformation? Are you naturally curious and constantly looking for ways to improve and innovate?
We are looking for a collaborative and influential Data Engineer for our Head Office to be based out of our Toronto, Vancouver, Edmonton or Calgary branch to leverage data to draw deep insights designed to improve strategic, and tactical decision making! Harnessing the power of Azure’s data stack, you will be responsible for leveraging a fit-for-purpose architecture and toolset to implement world-class analytics solutions to various clients in all industries. You will work directly with many different teams across our organization in a collaborative, and project-focused environment designing, developing, and deploying a modern data ecosystem for Long View’s customers.
A Day in the Life:
- Support Long View’s Business Applications and Data Modernization portfolio by working with customers and internal stakeholders, defining customer solutions, and delivering engagements that are innovative and exceed business requirements
- Continuously improve and add to Long View’s internal source code repository for accelerated delivery to ensure information is of the highest quality, contributing to the overall effectiveness of the team
- Ensure technology designs and implementations solve clients’ requirements and challenges
- Design, develop, and deploy data pipelines, and back-end services for real-time decisioning, reporting, optimization, data collection, and related activities
- Follow best practices for DataOps including contributing to the creation and grooming of a program backlog of features and tasks
- Develop and deploy automated unit and integrated test scripts via Azure DevOps
- Develop complete customer-focused technology solutions for current and new service offerings, considering all aspects of architecture including business and technical requirements, sizing, infrastructure, data protection, security and recovery items
- Create relevant documentation as required including conceptual design, logical and physical designs, as-built diagrams, knowledge transfer materials, FAQs, and transition to operations information
- Experiment with, recommend, and collaborate with other team members to develop and enhance the technology stack
- Align with clients to build long term relationships that further business value for both the client and Long View
- Analyze complex requirements and develop IT strategies and multi-technology solutions that are aligned with industry-accepted best practices
What You Bring:
- 10+ years in industry working as a developer and subject matter expert in data analytics with Azure
- 5+ years of experience advising on, architecting, and successfully delivering cloud technical solutions focused on data and analytics
- Significant experience with the following:
- - Azure Data Lake
- - Azure Data Warehouse
- - Azure Data Factory
- - Azure Synapse
- - Databricks
- - Azure LogicApps
- - Azure Resource Manager and Powershell
- Familiarity with Lambda and Lakehouse architecture principles and willingness to work within the approved Long View frameworks
- Capability to work with both business and technical stakeholders to elicit/understand requirements and define the high-level business case the envisioned solution provides
- Lead architectural design sessions, define implementation approaches and guide customers’ decision making to ensure sustainable solutions are implemented
- Ability to grasp new technology concepts rapidly and assess their relevance for client solutions
- Experience with and/or understanding of DataOps principles, and working with CI/CD pipelines, for automated deployments
- General database administrator skills and knowledge
- Experience utilizing a variety of data stores, including data warehouses, RDBMSs, in-memory caches, and searchable document DBs along with unstructured datasets
- Passion for and experience in managing large-scale data sets
What Makes You Extra Awesome:
- PowerPlatform (Dataverse, PowerApps, PowerAutomate, PowerVirtualAgent)
- Azure cloud migration strategies
- Experience with a Master Data product such as Informatica, Profisee, or Data Quality Services
- More than one of the following: Python, Scala, Spark, R, TSQL, PLSQL
- Degree in Information Technology
Why Work at Long View?
- Great people and culture
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- Recognition programs
- Career growth – Permanent staff positions, paid training, career life planning, and relocation and travel opportunities
- Interesting work – Be part of exciting projects while accessing all the latest technologies
- Flexible environment – A workplace that values the importance of flexibility for personal/professional growth, happiness and wellness
Want to learn more about our culture and life at Long View? Check us out on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram!
Long View’s mission of building the best and most sustainable team-driven organization requires dedicated and ambitious people. Through employee resource groups, impactful and effective conversations, townhalls and various company-wide training, including how to reduce unconscious bias, we are fostering an inclusive environment. We are committed to taking consistent, positive and lifelong action to be a diverse and equitable workplace because we know that the most effective companies are made up of people with varied identities, experiences and backgrounds.
Long View is an equal opportunity employer. If you have any accommodation requests for your interview or the role, please let your friendly Recruiter know.
More Information on Long View Systems
Long View Systems operates in the Cloud industry. The company is located in Denver, CO, Dallas, TX and Houston, TX. Long View Systems was founded in 1999. It has 1060 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 19 open jobs at Long View Systems, click here.
Read Full Job Description