Data Engineer at The Walt Disney Company (New York City, NY)
- Partner with technical and non-technical colleagues to understand data and reporting requirements.
- Work with Engineering teams to collect required data from internal and external systems.
- Design table structures and define ETL strategy to build performant Data solutions that are reliable and scalable in a fast growing data ecosystem.
- Develop Data Quality checks for source and target data sets. Develop UAT plans and conduct QA.
- Develop and maintain ETL routines using ETL and orchestration tools such as Airflow, Luigi and Jenkins.
- Document and publish Metadata and table designs to facilitate data adoption.
- Perform ad hoc analysis as necessary.
- Perform SQL and ETL tuning as necessary.
- Develop and maintain Dashboards/reports using Tableau and Looker
- Coordinate and resolve escalated production support incidents in Tier 2 support rotation
- Create runbooks and actionable alerts as part of the development process
Basic Qualifications :
- 2+ years of relevant Professional experience.
- 1+ years work experience implementing and reporting on business key performance indicators in data warehousing environments. Strong understanding of data modeling principles including Dimensional modeling, data normalization principles etc.
- 1 + years experience using analytic SQL, working with traditional relational databases and/or distributed systems such as Hadoop / Hive, BigQuery, Redshift.
- Experience programming languages (e.g. Python, R, bash) preferred.
- 1+ years of experience with workflow management tools (Airflow, Oozie, Azkaban, UC4)
- Good understanding of SQL Engines and able to conduct advanced performance tuning
- Experience with Hadoop (or similar) Ecosystem (MapReduce, Yarn, HDFS, Hive, Spark, Presto, Pig, HBase)
- Familiarity with data exploration / data visualization tools like Tableau, Looker, Chartio, etc.
- Ability to think strategically, analyze and interpret market and consumer information.
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal presentations.
- Excellent conceptual and analytical reasoning competencies.
- Degree in an analytical field such as economics, mathematics, or computer science is desired.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
- Process oriented with great documentation skills