Data Engineer at Karat
Karat’s purpose is to Unlock Opportunity for engineers and companies alike, and our mission is to make every interview predictive, fair, and enjoyable. As the world’s technical hiring expert, we help companies hire smarter and grow faster, and create more opportunities for software engineers. From our industry-leading solutions to Karat’s Brilliant Black Minds program, the work we do here matters. We’re a passionate, smart, and committed team, and we want you to join our mission!Come join our Data Engineering team
Our Data Engineering team is committed to partnering with stakeholders to build the infrastructure, reporting, and product features that power insights at Karat. We design and build the data foundation needed to make technical interviews more predictive. Working on the Data engineering team, you will shape the future for how we ingest, analyze, and talk about data as an organization.What you will do
As our Data Engineer, you will develop various systems and processes needed to derive meaning from performance data. Our ideal candidate for this position is comfortable designing and building software for real customers, can dive deep into manipulating data and wielding statistics, and has the ability to provide technical and product recommendations to a variety of multi-functional partners.
Karat’s HQ is based in Seattle, Washington, but we are open to remote candidates for this role (within the U.S.).
- Identify data needs for business and product teams, understand their metrics and analysis requirements and build solutions to enable data-driven decisions
- As we collect richer data about user interactions during interviews, you will drive the collection and refinement of our data to increase the signal captured in every minute of our interviews and maximize the value provided to our customers.
- Design, build and deploy efficient and reliable cloud-based data pipelines to move data across a number of platforms and disparate data sources
- Protect our data sources against quality issues. Design and develop data quality monitoring.
- Collaborate with Software Engineers, Data Scientists, and Data Analysts to design, implement and scale our data processing and analysis platforms.
- Support our engineering teams by reviewing code and designs.
- Nurture the data conversations and culture at Karat by educating technical and non-technical teammates about data literacy and usage.
- 3+ years of experience in data engineering, software engineering, or other related roles, with a focus on building data pipelines and conducting data analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- Strong data analysis and scientific thinking skills
- Experience with Python, Docker and job orchestration frameworks such as Apache Airflow
- Significant experience with relational databases with a strong knowledge of SQL and data modeling best principles
- Experience with data visualization and presentation, familiar with data analytics and BI tools
- Experience with development best practices, including version control, code reviews, and documentation
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with — and a knack for — communicating technical work to partners
Karat strives to offer everything you need to best support you today, tomorrow, and beyond. We’re proud of our current offerings, and highlight some of our team’s favorites below. There are more, just feel free to ask!
Compensation / Time Off:
- Highly competitive salary and stock options
- Generous paid PTO (see below) and Sick Leave (10 days per year)
- Flexible Time Off Policy for salaried positions
- Three weeks accrued per year for hourly positions
- Parental Leave (12 weeks paid with transition back to work in part-time capacity)
- 18 paid Company Holidays for 2021
Benefits / Wellness:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance via Cigna or Kaiser (for CA-based employees)
- 100% premium covered for employees
- 70% premium covered for dependents
- FSA, STD, LTD, Standard Life Insurance, and Optional Life Insurance
- Mental Wellness offerings such as Calm, Happify, Talkspace, Modern Health, and more
- $150 per month contribution to miscellaneous benefit/wellness of employee’s choice
Statement of Non-Discrimination:
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know at [email protected].