Data Engineer at Takeda (Philadelphia, PA)
About the role:
Plasma-derived therapies are critical, life-saving medicines, which patients with rare and complex diseases around the world rely on every day. Global demand for these therapies, particularly immunoglobulins, has increased dramatically over the last 15 years, and continues to grow. Takeda is established as second largest provider of plasma-derived therapies (PDT) globally. Leveraging on 75+ year pioneering legacy, Takeda believes there is tremendous potential to do more to meet expectations of patients and health care providers with plasma-derived therapies for patients with immunologic, hematologic, autoimmune and other complex diseases.
PDT's mission is to transform the lives of patients through innovation and sustainability from plasma donation to delivery of holistic plasma-derived therapeutic solutions. Data Digital & Technology (DDT) is a trusted PDT partner, transforming donor experience and patient lives through innovation and excellence. You will collaborate with different IT functions to develop data models, data ingestion pipelines, and data quality processes that empower users to make efficient decisions in with real-time. Based in our Bannockburn, IL office (also open to Cambridge, MA or Exton, PA you will report to the PDT DDT Product Manager/Systems Engineering Manager
How you will contribute:
- Collaborate with Analytics as a trusted advisor and partner to Business teams by improving data models that feed Business Intelligence tools and dashboards, increasing data accessibility, and promoting a culture of data-driven decision-making across the organization
- Develop scalable data pipelines and build new integrations using AWS native technologies to support continuing increases in data source, volume, and complexity
- Implement processes to lead data reconciliation and monitor data quality, ensuring production data is always accurate and available for key stakeholders, downstream systems, and business processes that depend on it
- Write unit, integration, performance test scripts and perform data analysis required to troubleshoot data related issues and help resolve data issues
- Partner with team of front-end and back-end Engineers, Product Managers, and Analysts
- Work with Enterprise Teams to design and develop data integration patterns/solutions and data models to support different data and analytics use cases
- Work with DevOps Teams to deploy data pipeline solutions in Takeda AWS environments that meet security and performance requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science, or related field
- At least 5 years of experience in software, data, data warehouse, data lake, and analytics reporting development
- Experience developing data and system integrations using SOAP/REST web services/API, and schema design dimensional data modeling, and development and optimization of ETL pipelines
- Software and Big Data tools (i.e., Kafka, Spark, Databricks and Hadoop)
- Relational NoSQL and SQL databases including Postgres and Graph
- AWS cloud services (i.e., Redshift, RDS, Neptune, DMS, Glue, EMR and EC2)
- Stream-processing systems (i.e., Spark-Streaming and Storm)
- Object function/object-oriented scripting languages (i.e.,Python with Pyspark, SQL, Java/Scala )
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Ways of Working
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
This position is currently classified as "hybrid" in accordance with Takeda's Hybrid and Remote Work policy.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
Cambridge, MA, USA - PA - Exton