Data Engineer at Fictiv (Remote)
Fictiv Exists to Enable Hardware Innovators to Build Better Products, Faster
Fictiv, coined the “AWS of manufacturing,” is a leading technology company transforming the $350 billion manufacturing industry. Our cutting-edge cloud platform uses AI and machine learning algorithms to help companies build hardware at the speed of software. Come join our growing team!
Opportunity To Unlock Your Creativity
Think of all the times you were held back from trying new ideas because you were boxed in by bureaucratic legacy processes or old school tactics. Having a growth mindset is deeply ingrained into our company culture since day 1 so Fictiv is an environment where you have the creative liberty and support of the team to try big bold ideas to achieve our sales and customer goals.
Opportunity To Grow Your Career
There are plenty of sales jobs out there. The question is whether any of them will help you grow in your career? Will you be challenged by teammates to achieve your potential? Or are they roles that will ask you to do more of what you've already mastered. At Fictiv, you'll be surrounded by supportive teammates who will push you to be your best through their curiosity and passion.
The Data Engineering & Analytics team develops a centralised data warehouse and produces reports and dashboards for Fictiv, that are to provide strategic insights that impact multiple functional areas including: Operations, Finance, Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Product, Architecture, and Customer Support. The Data & Analytics team partners closely with cross functional stakeholders to ensure that data is accurate, timely, secure and has properly managed change control.
This team sets the stage for ensuring Fictiv’s business is delivering on KPIs and goals. This team provides all the inputs for Fictiv’s strategic decision making.
warehouse. This team works very closely with cross-functional stakeholders, and leverages multiple different Business Intelligence (BI) technologies to achieve these goals.
As a Data Engineer for the data team, you will support the Data Engineering Lead, Data Analysts and Product Owners in the everyday management of our data warehouse. You will serve as a facilitator between the business and technology in understanding the technical requirements and ensure that solutions address the business problems.
Our company understands the importance of utilising data to make informed decisions. We are looking for someone that gets excited about data and continues to drive a data driven culture.
What You’ll Be DoingDesired traits
- Responsible for understanding end-to-end data flows and identifying data dependencies in support of delivery, release, and change management
- Must have experience on ETL
- Responsible for monitoring, alerting and on-call duties for all data warehouse operations
- Follow and contribute to SQL coding standards, change control practices, and data warehouse practices
- Collaborate with Software Engineering and Product Owners to ensure changes to event implementations are gracefully handled in the data warehouse
- Available to work with remote teams
- Research, Diagnose, and Monitor performance bottlenecks
- Document development that is to be moved to production
- Assemble and modify large complex datasets to meet business requirements
- Identifying, designing, and implementing internal process improvements for greater scalability, optimising data delivery and automating manual processes
- Building BI reports to utilise datasets to provide actionable insights into key business performance metrics including operational efficiency
- Create data tools for analytics and data team that assist in building and optimising our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Working with stakeholders including data, design, product, and executive teams and assisting them with data-related technical issues.
Our Digital Manufacturing Ecosystem is transforming how the next rockets, self-driving cars, and life-saving robots are designed, developed and delivered to customers around the world.
This transformation is made possible through our technology-backed platform, our global network of manufacturing partners, and our people with deep expertise in hardware and software development.
We’re actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team. Our belief is that the best team is born from an environment that emphasizes respect, honesty, collaboration, and growth.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.