We are building the world's largest in-home care system.
Healthcare is rapidly moving into the home, creating an enormous market opportunity that’s growing daily as consumers increasingly demand more convenient healthcare options.
Technology is the engine that powers our foundation. It ensures we can reach massive scale and drives differentiation from any other healthcare company entering this space. We’re using data to ensure patient safety and tailor the care to patients’ specific needs which allows for better care delivery from patient onboarding, patient care, and post care follow-up.
DispatchHealth is a Series D startup with more than $400m in funding and a $1B+ valuation. We’re backed by Oak, Tiger Global, Alta Partners, Optum Ventures, Questa Capital, ad EchoHealth Ventures.
We’re a remote first org and our engineering team is spread out across the US, Mexico, and Ukraine. Our culture is focused on impact, accountability, and collaboration.
As a team, we share the goal of driving the company forward and transforming healthcare through the technology we build. We believe the only way we can accomplish our goal is together, and that our whole is greater than the sum of our parts. We collaborate closely across every function because we recognize that no individual function can solve the whole problem as well as we can when we all work together.
With our teammates spread out across different cities, we actively support each other and cultivate an environment where everyone is comfortable sharing ideas regardless of seniority or function, and where the best ideas consistently win. We know the positive feeling we get when we feel heard, and we reciprocate that deep engagement with others when they’re talking or presenting so that we gain alignment and promote our collective actions.
Come join us on the journey to transform healthcare!
As a data engineer on the data team, you will develop robust, scalable data pipelines that drive decision making across the organization. Using a combination of pre-built and custom ETL tools, you will develop the robust data infrastructure that helps us support both internal and external customers with timely, accurate and complex data needs. If you love building high-quality data infrastructure that supports the future of healthcare and improves people’s lives, we want to work with you!
What You'll Achieve:
- Help to lead major efforts around building a data ecosystem that is robust, fast and scalable, and allows DispatchHealth to realize its goal of measuring all aspects of our business using data
- Develop modern data pipelines that support data integrity, monitoring and lineage
- Build well-designed, reusable systems to extract, transform and load data into centralized data lakes and reporting warehouses from a variety of sources
- Build systems that collect and maintain customers’ sensitive data, while holding DispatchHealth to the highest standards for security and HIPAA compliance
- Design fault tolerant systems so the team can be brave and move fast, without ever negatively affecting our customers
- Participate in ongoing training to maintain current knowledge of ETL, orchestration and data infrastructure and perform duties as required by job function
Skills You'll Need to Bring:
- 3+ years of experience using Python and SQL for data engineering
- 1+ years of data engineering experience in a cloud environment (AWS or GCP)
- 1+ years of experience working with row-based and columnar databases
- Experience using orchestration tools such as Airflow or Prefect
- Experience with ETL tools such as Stitch, Fivetran, Airbyte or Segment
- A proven track record of working collaboratively on complex, medium-to-large ETL projects that span multiple months
- Strong software development skills using an agile framework
- Interest in working with product and engineering teams, as well as cross functional partners
Reporting to Dan Edstrom, Vice President of Business Intelligence and Analytics
Others you will learn from and collaborate with:
- Michael Duncan, Machine Learning Engineer
- Tomas Moreno-Vasquez, Senior Data Engineer
- Constantino Schillebeeckx, Senior Data Engineer
- Data Science team
- Health insurance coverage
- Mental health benefits
- Unlimited Vacation time
- Competitive Salary
- Stock options
- Career ladders and bi-annual performance review
Location: Remote, USA
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $110,000 - $140,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, candidate location, and experience.
DispatchHealth is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive team and serving all communities. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability, age or veteran status. We welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to challenge the standard. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at [email protected]
To see our Employee Privacy Notice, please see here: https://www.dispatchhealth.com/employee-privacy-notice/