It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our millions of monthly active users. With a mission to redefine the world's relationship with money by making it more relatable, instantly available and universally accessible, at Cash App you'll have the opportunity to make a real-world impact with your career.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We've been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees' creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
We are looking for a Data Engineer who will build the data infrastructure and reporting solutions to support data requests from regulators, partners, and litigations received for Cash App. This role will partner with analysts and legal teams and focus on building out ad-hoc ETLs as well as long-term, scalable solutions for complex, confidential data needs.
- Build ad-hoc data sets to provide insights and actionable recommendations that will help satisfy various legal, regulatory, and compliance requests
- Work closely with analysts, program managers, leadership and other cross-functional teams to build, design, and maintain scalable data infrastructure for readily available, self-serve reporting
- Partner closely with our analysts and legal teams to provide accurate and relevant data in a timely manner in order to respond to requests from regulatory bodies
- Identify tooling improvements to leverage, automate, and solve for complex organizational data needs
- Become a subject matter expert for Cash Customer Operations data, both current and historical, and their relevance to specific regulatory requests
- Translate complex data into actionable insights and business recommendations
- Maintain confidentiality regarding the work you do, and the nature of the requests
- Experience aggregating, delivering, performing quality assurance, and formatting data for legal deliverables based on external agency requirements
- 2-5 years of experience as a data analyst working heavily with SQL or as an infrastructure engineer
- Previously used Snowflake, Google Cloud, AWS, or other cloud data environment in a professional environment
- Previously used Fivetran, Mulesoft, or any automated ETL system in a professional environment
- Comfortable with git or other software versioning system
- Comfortable gathering business requirements for current and future reporting needs
- Ability to communicate to both business and technical teams clearly
- Technical skills must include advanced SQL (UNION, CREATE, CTEs), cloud environments, ETL tools
- Banking Risk Knowledge
Nice to Have:
- Experience or exposure to Python or R
- Comfortable working with XML and JSON, converting tabled data from and into these formats
- Previously automated reports to ensure data quality
- Experience working with multiple teams and their associated reports needs
- Comfortable working with JIRA, managing a backlog, prioritizing between stability and features
We're working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we're doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page .
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.