Data Engineer - US [Remote] at Braintrust
Braintrust is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community and stability of a full-time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
- JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote US ONLY (Time Zone: EST | Partial overlap)
- HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $88 - 107$/hr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40hr/week - long-term, ongoing project
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Design, build and maintain data pipelines that power audience visualization platform
Maintain system architecture documentation and runbooks
Build, automate, maintain, scale, and monitor user-facing systems using standard methodologies, with reliability and scalability in mind
Collaborate with other specialists, product managers, and designers to identify and solve exciting problems, crafting an awesome engineering experience.
We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them! For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location.
- You know how to work with data pipelines and have experience working with technologies such as Spark or Beam
- You have experience with Java, Scala and their tooling ecosystem
- You are experienced with deploying and operating services on Linux
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code
- You have experience with large scale data systems
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.