Data Engineer / Sr. Data Engineer at DaySmart Software, Inc. (Ann Arbor, MI)
DaySmart has a career opportunity for a Data Engineer who will be supporting our leading veterinary practice management software (PMS) solution currently serving over 1,500 veterinary practices worldwide. The product is delivered through a sophisticated but simple to use cloud-based solution that offers a broad spectrum of innovation and integrations that help coordinate and improve the care and health of the world’s animals.
- Data manager responsible for scripting load of data into MySQL and transforming from different system schemas into ours.
- Learn new data structures and interpret into our schema. You will be living and breathing SQL in this role.
- 5 years experience in a similar role
- Strong MySQL skills, including extensive experience with DDL and getting data into, and out of, MySQL
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Linux server skills and ability to perform wide variety of file operations remotely via console ssh connections
- Familiarity with getting data in and out of MySQL and MS SQL Server. Sybase, 4D, Debian, and dBase experience a plus
- Experience building ETL scripts for complex transformations
- Ability to automate repetitive tasks with scripts
- Ability to do data transformations in SQL such as to replace line feeds and carriage returns prior to export to csv or SQL
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services. Knowledge of Event Bridge, Step Functions, and Glue a big plus.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work towards meeting multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Strong communication skills to coordinate with team members
DaySmart is a fast-paced, rapidly growing company, which was named one of America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies by Inc. 500|5000 eleven years in a row and a Michigan 50 Company To Watch. For additional information, please visit http://www.daysmart.com. We offer comprehensive benefits that includes:
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K matching
- And more!
DaySmart is committed to creating a diverse employee environment and is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.