Daxko powers health & wellness throughout the world. Every day our team members focus their passion and expertise in helping health & wellness facilities operate efficiently and engage their members.
Whether a neighborhood yoga studio, a national franchise with locations in every city, a YMCA or JCC--and every type of organization in between--we build solutions that make every aspect of running and being a member of a health and wellness organization easier and delightful.Job Description
Daxko is seeking a software engineer with experience in C#, SQL, and Data to be a hands-on engineer on our Data & Analytics team. This engineer will work with Daxko’s business intelligence and data warehouse products. We are an Agile/Scrum shop with a strong sense of teamwork and collaboration, where teams are encouraged to operate with the autonomy and flexibility of startups, while enjoying the benefits of being part of an established company. If you believe in community driven development, consider writing code as a craft, and have a desire to be a lifelong learner, then we invite you to read on and apply.
Here are a few things you'll likely find yourself doing in this role...
- Delivering high-quality, unit-tested code by practicing pragmatic software engineering principles
- Working with the team to size and groom the product backlog
- Collaborating with other teams across the organization (e.g., Product Management, Engineering, Data Science) to enable the better use and understanding of data
- Leveraging Agile best practices (vertical vs. horizontal development, breaking things down into smaller pieces, driving to done)
- Working with the team to own products and features end-to-end
Here's what you need to have...
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering-based discipline or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years’ work experience programming with C# or Java
- Expert SQL skills and TSQL experience
- Experience with BI reporting tools
- Working knowledge of current .NET architectural/development best practices and design patterns
- Knowledge of available tools, technologies, methodologies, processes, and best practices to develop software
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills and a craving for details
- Be open to new technologies, industry trends and ability to adopt latest design methodologies
- Solid interpersonal skills and comfort in a collaborative development environment
- Ability to build positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
A plus if you have experience with some of these...
- Kimball methodology or dimensional models (star-schema)
- Columnar databases (e.g. Amazon Redshift)
- Realtime Data Streaming (e.g. Kafka, Kinesis)
- Serverless Interactive Query Solutions (e.g. Athena, Redshift Spectrum)
- Agile Methodology
- NoSQL databases
- REST Web Services
- Unit Testing Frameworks (e.g. NUnit)
Daxko is dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We are committed to diversity in the broadest sense, including thought and perspective, age, ability, nationality, ethnicity, orientation, and gender. The skills, perspectives, ideas, and experiences of all of our team members contribute to the vitality and success of our purpose and values.
We truly care for our team members, and this is reflected through our offices, benefits, and great perks. Some of our favorites include:
- Flexible paid time off
- Affordable health, dental, and vision insurance options
- Monthly fitness reimbursement
- 401(k) plan with matching
- New-Parent Paid Leave
- 1-month paid sabbatical every 5 years
- Casual work environments
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.